Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Ordered

10K views 81 replies 16 participants last post by  almostlucid 
#1 ·
Just ordered our 2017 F350 Lariat DRW in Caribou.

Packages/Options:

8ft Bed
Crew Cab
Chrome pkg
Ultimate pkg
Quad-Beam LED lights
5th wheel prep
Tough-Bed Spray-in-Bed-liner

Trading in my Black 2011 F350 Lariat SRW. She has been a great truck, but with the trade-in offer we have and the financing APR from USAA, I will have this new truck our the door for $45K.

Now the long wait. They say 12 weeks! I hope it isn't that long, we want to take our 2017 3950BR Montana out for a long distance test run.

#2 ·
I just picked up 2017 F350 in White Gold Metallic, same options almost as you but not the Quad-Beam LED's although I would love them.

Out the door for just over $24K with trading in 2015 F250 SRW and down payment. Great rates too.

Also have almost the same camper, but ours is a 2016 Montana 39xxFL, weighs in about 13,800lbs. F250 did a good job but can't wait to pull with new truck later this month.

#3 ·
We almost went for the Montana FL. When the truck arrives will be going to Florida with it first, then to Dallas to see some old Texas A&M friends, then to Fallon, after that who knows...

Congrats on your new truck Texas, the wait is killing me lol

#4 ·
I just picked mine up this past Monday (12/12). Believe me guys, it's well worth the wait to get exactly what you want. Be sure not to tow before it has 1000 miles on it. I'm told that it can affect your warranty.

#73 ·
The manual says:

BREAKING-IN
You need to break in new tires for approximately 300 mi (480 km). During this time, your vehicle may exhibit some unusual driving characteristics.

Avoid driving too fast during the first 1,000 mi (1,600 km). Vary your speed frequently and change up through the gears early. Do not labor the engine.

Drive your new vehicle at least 1,000 mi (1,600 km) before towing a trailer. Make sure you use the specified engine oil. See Capacities and Specifications (page 422).

Do not add friction modifier compounds or special break-in oils during the first few thousand miles (kilometers) of operation. These additives may prevent piston ring
seating.
Which is pretty much what I grew up with. Interesting note about the "unusual driving characteristics" and tires.

#5 ·
Yup, wont tow until after 1k miles. How long did it take from ordering to delivery?

I thought about posting a thread about delivery times, so those of us 'jones-ing' until delivery can see how long it takes for delivery to certain states. Might be helpful to know for those thinking of ordering.

#7 ·
Wait time seems to vary quite a bit. Ordered mine 06OCT and it was delivered 29NOV.

#8 ·
I ordered mine a week before you did yours and received it one week ago today. So, our timing was very close to the same. I live in WV., just south of you, so distance is similar from Kentucky.

#9 ·
Thanks guys, for letting me know. Hopefully I should get it in Feb. I only hope there are enough 2017 F350 videos on youtube to sustain me until then lol.

#13 ·
How long does it take to get a vin assigned? I paid my deposit on the 8th, and they put the order through with me there. I have receipts and paperwork for the order, however when I spoke to Ford Customer service they said they were not showing any orders from my dealership. On the dealership paperwork is the preview order code and sales code numbers...

Delay because of the holidays maybe?

#14 ·
I ordered my 250 on 12/12/16 order was pulled by ford on 12/15 which was a Thursday. Ford only pulls orders on Thursday night I had a vin number the following week. You need to contact your dealer and ask him to see your DORA Which stands fo delivery order receipt acknowledgement. This is sent to your ford dealer the day after he sent in your order. How soon you get your vin number depends on a few things, the priority number put on the order, the commodities available for your particular order, and your dealers allotment. The priority number assigned to the order by your dealer is listed on the DORA. Numbers 1-10 are reserved for special use, and 99 is a hold number in case the customer doesn't need until a later date. The priority code is listed on the DORA mine says Priority: 11. Once your order has been scheduled you will receive a vin number, I received mine within about a week. If I were you I would contact my dealer and ask to see my DORA, and also ask if he has received a vin number yet.

Reactions: _MP_
#15 ·
So I have my vin number, and build week is the 23rd of this month. Looking around online I couldn't find however how long it takes to actually build a Superduty (assuming all parts are in place with no delays). I read somewhere online that it takes 20hrs to build and f150.

#16 ·
Reactions: fosterelli and _MP_
#18 ·
I have a vin # and build week of Jan 23rd and cotus said a delivery date of feb 14th. About a week ago cotus changed my delivery date from the 14th to the 12th, hey two days earlier doesn't hurt my feelings. two to three weeks from build to delivery seems like a long time, since I only live two hours from Louisville. Maybe spray in liner shop is backed up.

Reactions: _MP_
#19 ·
v Good read Gadget.

I haven't been given a delivery date yet, but if we are the same build week, then you have made me very happy to think I might get it by the 14th!

#24 ·
Was going to get our truck ordered on Wednesday to meet the weekly Thursday but dealer said there is a QA hold right now and he's awaiting a call back (from someone). Wonder what the QA hold is all about.....

#28 ·
Congrats on the movement of trucks. You can't go wrong with this new body style, its awesome! My 2017 Platinum shows to be delivered on 27-Feb. The website I have used for tracking is wwwqa.cotus.ford.com

Reactions: Ferris70
#31 ·
Well we ordered our truck today! F350 DRW KR with pretty much all the bells and whistles we wanted. They said it'll hit the ordering feed next Wednesday and if all goes to plan, they expect it to arrive in 6 to 8 weeks.

When we arrived at the dealership this morning to sign the paperwork and trade in our 6.0, they had a new 2017 outside running that they just got last night. It was the same truck we ordered but in a different color. So we got to poke around in it....and man they are right nice rigs! Interior on the KR is super nice and I really like the spray in bedliner.

Man....going to be hard waiting for 8ish weeks! :woot:

#33 ·
Thanks @RJC2. We went with the Blue Jeans two tone and the chrome package.

We really debated on the chrome package and what concerned me the most was the durability of the painted bumpers. Chrome is fairly forgiving with road dings (e.g. rocks, etc) but I wasn't so sure about the painted ones.

Timing appears to be working out well in that 8 weeks will give us enough time to complete our new shop ---- it's future home.

I feel like a little kid on Christmas. I was telling the 6.0 forum that I really didn't want to trade but I just could not handle any longer the gut wrenching feelings not of if the truck was going to leave us stranded again but when. I took care of that 6.0 to no end. Everything was meticulously cared for inside and out, motor, etc. Yet it ate injectors like candy despite solid FICM, HPOP, fuel pressure, etc readings. Dealers could offer no reason why. The 2017 will have a ton more comfort, room, power and gadgets but most of all, I look forward to my travels being without that gosh awful feeling of needing AAA or Good Sam on speed dial. lol.

#34 ·
JD, that color combo is going to look really classy. My wife wanted Ruby Red. We got it with the Chrome Package and chose the Monochromatic paint option. That gives us the chrome bumpers. Its SO much easier to clean bugs off of in the summer. The only thing that I didn't like is that when you get the Monochromatic Paint, Ford deletes the factory fender flares. They look nice. I really liked the look of the two tone better. I'm often accused of being a "Clean Freak" and the more I thought about bugs and rock chips, the better that option sounded to me. (mono)

Are you going to buy the extended warranty?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.