Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Winter bib for grill... Ford says NO

9K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  mwe_060 
#1 ·
Received my truck beginning of October. Now in -5 celsius in December and I find its taking a long time for the truck to warm up. Seems all the Duramax trucks came with a winter bib and it made a big difference for both speed to warm and better fuel milage. Ford said they do not have a bib accessory..... Anyone with a 2016 6.7 PS use an aftermarket bib? if so who's? Did you notice a difference with or without a bib? Thanks.

#9 ·
I have a Fia for my 12, got it as a bug/blanket combo, snaps on and off. I haven't taken the bug screen off and tried the blanket since I've had it, hasn't been cold enough. Last winter was to warm and this winter is shaping up to be the same way, hell its 50*f right now. 3 years ago it was -40 and without cardboard there was no "heat". After an hour of driving i guess it was warm, but even 15*f out of the vent is warmer than -40...

In the past I've always used cardboard behind the grill on any given vehicle and it always did yield better heat and mileage.

If its warm enough to rain its too warm for the cardboard.

If you get double bacon extra cheese the cardboard is so greasy the rain can't melt it:thumb:

#10 ·
I have a fia on my 2011 also came with a bug screen too for summer. Works great. I use it once below 32 degrees F. Warms up in half the time. I do have to keep both the air doors open unless its below -10 ish or the oil temps get up to about 215 or so running 75-80. Coolant temps stay where they should even under idle times. I thinks its a must for COLD Climates.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.