Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

My new 17 woohhooo

7K views 26 replies 21 participants last post by  7.3dofbft 
#1 ·
awsome truck now to have some fun

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Very Nice looking Truck! I just picked up a 16. I like the look of the 17's anything different besides exterior look

#9 ·
Interesting that the psi went from 60/80 (f/r) to 60/65 (f/r) on the 17.

#10 ·
I caught that too, but then noted that he has 20s and I have 18s.

As for differences, the one I like the best is that it has the same cab as the F150 which means more back seat room and a flat floor board. :thumb:

#13 ·
Its crazy we are getting close to big rigs now. Heck we are past the big rigs from 15 years ago or so.

#14 ·
Yeah it's crazy how the advances in the computer/tech world has helped aid the unbelievable advances in diesel engines in the last 20 years... And the automotive world in general... Diesel specific though, power outputs have almost doubled since the late 90's. Say what you want about the electronic nannies, and emissions crap... These engines (from all the big 3) are unreal.

#16 ·
Sweet Truck......

#18 ·
Congrat's it's a nice looking truck, did I read the sticker right at GVWR is 10K? I thought it would have been higher:surprise:

#20 ·
Congrat's it's a nice looking truck, did I read the sticker right at GVWR is 10K? I thought it would have been higher
All F250s are 10k. It is due to registration purposes from weight. Need 10k in California otherwise it is commercial DOT.

#19 ·
I looked one over at my local dealer quickly the other day. Hated the body. Didn't get in it.
I didn't have time to pop the hood but took a look underneath.

Frame looks awesome.

Exhaust looked similar enough

The DFCM is huge, big rectangle.

Brochure said upgraded crank, main bearings, pistons, "lightened" upgraded heads, maybe a few other things. Bigger brakes same transmission.

The reciever hitch is available up to 3" with no need for weight distribution bars up to 21k

Wheels looked tacky, the whole 150 sharing thing is a deal breaker for me. The bed looks smaller, the mirrors are smaller, the cclb is 4" longer.

#23 ·
That thing better be loaded!

#24 ·
What a beautiful truck! Without huge incenties and rebates i just dont know how one can afford these things. Hell, I make a ton of money and I couldnt imagine spending full MSRP on one unless it was making me money. The F150 cab is amazing, quiet, comfortable and refined... hope you get a million miles out of it!

#25 ·
That's an easier pill to swallow than what I had to do and spend $8k over MSRP for a vehicle that can't tow anything, isn't even comfortable for kids to sit in the back of and looks so pretty you don't want to drive it... If someone wants something bad enough they'll pay it and dealers know it. I'm amazed that folks are getting these below MSRP already though. I've yet to see one in my area at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.