Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

My 6.7 Build thread (Suspension, Deleted, etc)

33K views 172 replies 36 participants last post by  98 Saleen Cobra 
#1 · (Edited)
Well for the past few months I've been really debating on doing some mods to the truck visually. I'm one of those people that will shop around for months to find the best deals that I can, then I usually bail because I'm a puss and hate spending money lol. Well within the last couple weeks I've really freaking been itching.. Looking at different combo's here and there and trying to make up my mind..

I thought that I was set on 22" novakanes with a 35" tire, but realized that I didn't want to bro out my truck, and I really wanted something functional for when I go up to my moms.. Well today I finally bit the bullet and ordered up close to 5k worth of ****..

20x9" Novakanes in Death Metal
Carli 2.5" leveling kit with matching rear shocks
Toyo R/T 37x13.50x20 Tires
Airlift 5000 ultimate rear bags
4" rear ready lift blocks..

Very expensive day, but I'm very excited for things to start coming in so I can get installing the parts.

There is a guy on here with a 08-10 6.4 that has this setup with 37's and only minor trimming of the fender liner was needed so that's good. I got the airbags because my truck already squats when loaded down and honestly if I didn't do now as I'm buying all this ****, I probably never would end up spending the money.

I'm still on the fence about deleting and I've PM'd No limit a few times (enough for him to probably be annoyed with me lol) and I still haven't done it.. I've been itching to just pull the trigger now, or wait until the end of summer, or wait until my warranty is up..

Anyways I'll keep this updated as I do the install and such. :)

See less See more
Reactions: drivininidaho
#2 ·
I would run your setup for a while before pulling the trigger on deletes. (from your info I see you are in cali...) Deleting in cali can be kinda painful... The 6.7 doesn't suffer anywhere near as much as the 6.4 did from emissions controls. If I had to deal with emissions here I would sell my 6.4 and pick up either an 03 ram 6spd or a 6.7 psd and deal with how damn quiet it is lol.

I can't wait to see what your truck looks like though, pics ARE demanded in this instance lol. If you do delete, make sure you are running some damn clean tunes down there in the commie state.

#3 ·
Well even though I live in Cali, it's not that big of a deal as I don't deal with smog.. The main reason is $$ and my warranty to be honest.

I'll make sure that I take pics and I hope I'll really like how it turns out :)

#48 ·
I didn't read the rest of the read but I'm in CA also and diesels do get smogged.

#5 ·
#9 ·
Parts start arriving wends. So Thursday I should have it all done with pics

#11 ·
Yea hopefully they work out well. I've heard nothing but great things about them. I'm not debating on the wireless air setup.

#12 ·
Well so far the air bags and rear blocks have come in.. Wheels come in Monday, and then I'll take them to my Uncles tire shop to get the tires put on.. Suspension will be here Wends. I also ordered the wireless controller for filling up the bags :)

I'm looking at the N-Fab step bars cab length, in textured black.. Anyone wanna comment on fit and finish?

#13 ·
Cant wait to see final result!

#14 ·
If you haven't done the install already, I'd send the airlift bags back and get firestone.

I just installed Airlift 5000 bags on my truck and hate the way they mount. Looks cheap and feels cheap to me...

Works fine though. I didn't know about the Ultimate bags when I ordered mine or that's what I would have ordered from Airlift. I like the idea of not needing air in the bags all the time.

#15 · (Edited)
Look what showed up :D Going to get the tires mounted tomorrow :D Also the air bags, wireless controller, and the rear blocks showed up in the past couple of days :)

#16 ·
From the reading I have been doing with the nfab's. Everyone that gets them sand them and line x them and never have problems after that. I am guessing the factory paint isn't the best on them.

#17 ·
Hmmm. that's really good info right there!! I appreciate the feedback on that.. Line-X would def be the way to go now that I stop and think about it lol

#18 ·
Stoked to see your build. I keep meaning to talk to Dan about getting a Carli setup of my own. I have NFab steps and I think the paint isn't bad but their prep job prior to paint is poor and that's where the issues stem from. The paint seems durable, mine didn't chip or flake but I had rust come through the paint due to poor prep work. Their warranty for Canadians is pretty crappy too. I would be on the hook for shipping from Texas to Canada which would've cost $400. So I paid Line X that money to sandblast and Line X them black. I could've done color match but I thought that black goes with everything and would look good.

Line X'ed

#19 ·
Damn it that sucks!! Maybe I should just save for the AMP power steps at this point.. :/

#20 ·
Do it! AMP steps are the best thing I put on my truck aside from my suspension. No ground clearance issues and my truck's been to hell and back and they still work like the day I installed them.

May want to get some Daystar cradles for those airbags. Double-bellow bags ride like poo, plus, they're setup for stock height. If you put in a 4" block, you're probably going to be stretching them without a cradle or spacer. Oh, and now that you're going to run a 4" block, watch out for axle wrap...

#21 ·
****.. I thought that I would be good with the 4" block since that's what the 350's run, or super close to it.

#22 ·
F350 SRW have a 3-5/8" block and stiffer springs. The springs sort-of help prevent axle wrap but they'll wrap and hop when loaded so I guess it's no solution at all given their inability to move and provide any ride quality. All that being said, they're still notorious for their wheel hop/axle wrap. Its the reason we utilize an add-a-pack/full leaf pack to lift the rear the additional 2" as they actually reduce the axle wrap and wheel hop while helping the ride quality and providing the necessary lift to match the front level.

#26 ·
Well today was some what successful and someone not.

Huge thanks to my Dad for coming and helping me with the install! We'll start with the rear.. It went pretty smoothly. Swapped out to 4" block, and installed the airbags with the wireless controller. My dad and I took out time, and lots of interruption's. I had to go pick up my son from school, drop his friend off at his house, pick up wife from work, grab lunch etc etc..

It's a PITA to work on trucks without a lift btw. lol. Anyway the rear went pretty smoothly.

The front.. Read the directions and thought maybe I'll try it.. 30 mins in I said **** this.. I got to the TQ the track bar to 400ftlbs.. I'm like yep I won't even be able to break that loose since I had no leverage. So I'm hoping to get my wifey's uncle to do it at his tire shop. So we'll see.

But the rear is done, and the wireless bags are awesome!! and the Bilstien 5100's make a huge difference!

Can never have enough ratchet wrenches :)

New Drop Hitch

The pump and relay and all the other stuff that goes with it.. Mounted on the spare tire bracket

#29 ·
The front.. Read the directions and thought maybe I'll try it.. 30 mins in I said **** this.. I got to the TQ the track bar to 400ftlbs.. I'm like yep I won't even be able to break that loose since I had no leverage. So I'm hoping to get my wifey's uncle to do it at his tire shop. So we'll see.
It's not actually that bad. A long breaker bar or even using a floor jack handle slipped over a 1/2" drive ratchet will work.

I usually just let my son handle that kind of stuff. :rofl:

#28 ·
Good call I didn't even pay attention to what brand they were lol..

Quick update, dropped the truck off at my wifey's uncles tire shop.. He's going to finish the front, mount balance the tires and wheels, install, and align.. Should have it back tomorrow ready to go :)

#30 ·
LOL!! I bent my breaker bar so I don't know ahaha. I'm not small 6'4 at 260 and I'm a trainer lol.. So Idk maybe I did it wrong.. It's all good either way though.. My uncles shop is handling it :)

Side note.. He called saying the one of the BMF wheels is slightly bent on the inner barrel and that the paint is bubbling on the back side. Kinda pissed about that but he said they balanced fine and that the paint you won't see. Sucks that I don't have the kind of time to send them back to BMF to have them perfect..

#31 ·
Sucks to hear about your rims. I'm so hesitant to buy aftermarket rims because of all the horror stories. Everything from cracked rims when towing or hauling heavy to rolled lips, and poor powdercoat, etc. Hope you get everything set straight.

Reactions: Mag0059
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.