Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

truck shopping advice

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Deerhunter4 
#1 ·
ok guys heres the deal. im usually a 7.3 guy. but as luck would have it here in beautiful Houston, TX i awoke to an empty space where my truck used to be. And as we all know im almost 100% sure that im never gonna see that truck again....im very not pleased with the idea of truck shopping. but reguardless it has to be done. any info on the 6.7 yall can give me would be great. pros. cons. what to look out for. pricing. the works. as i do not know a lick about these motors. i did find one a 2011 with 101xxx miles for 31000. basically this is a cry for help. :please:

#2 ·
Pros-ride, handling, tranny, quiet inside and out, pull great, good fuel mileage and all the trim levels offered. Cons-weak rods and some turbo failures if modded seems to be what you'll find. Personally if you leave it stock and keep up the maintenance I bet you'll have great luck out of one. Good luck with the hunt and sorry to hear about the stolen truck.

#10 ·
That looks like a nice truck. The price seems fair, but not great. According to Carfax they have had it since early July, so they should be willing to deal.

#6 ·
If that is the price range you are in, I would say try and find a 12'. From what I understand, they did have a turbo change from the 11's to the 12's.
That's a good looking truck though.

#13 · (Edited)
#15 ·
lariat. all the bells and whistles. ended up buying it friday. then spotted my truck friday nights. recovered it. and took the new one back saturday

#17 ·
I think when they pull out my stereo they may have jacked up the wiring to my chip cause it runs like crap and none on my setting work. But its in surprisingly good shape. Other than all the trash inside they left. Im pulling everything out today. Seats carpet console and doung a complete srub down. Then ill mess with my chip and see what the deal is with that. I looked at the pcm and it doesnt look like they tried to mess with it. So im hoping for an easy fix

#18 ·
I think when they pull out my stereo they may have jacked up the wiring to my chip cause it runs like crap and none on my setting work. But its in surprisingly good shape. Other than all the trash inside they left. Im pulling everything out today. Seats carpet console and doung a complete srub down. Then ill mess with my chip and see what the deal is with that. I looked at the pcm and it doesnt look like they tried to mess with it. So im hoping for an easy fix

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.