Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Battery Treminal Relocator Question

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  TX_TRU_STUD 
#1 ·
With all these after market parts needing to be connected to the battery, does anyone know if there is a terminal relocator type device that you can install somewhere in the engine compartment?

I would like to avoid daisy chaining and dangling all these wires off the battery terminals if possible. I'd like to have all these wires go into a box or connect to a terminal somewhere else so that all that is connected to the battery is one set of extra connectors, does that make sense?

For instance, my Chevy silverado has a red box in the engine that is used to jump vehicles. It is basically a positive terminal. I'd like to see if this is possible to add on.

I want to add AMP steps and HID's which unfortuantely, both have to dangle off the battery which i think looks liek crap but I dont have a choice. I wish there was a plug and play option for these things and they would just use the factory harness and fuses.

#2 ·
There are quite a few terminal blocks, bus blocks, etc. available in most marine stores. I'd look at something like that for connecting a bunch of accessories. That way you can run one clean line to the battery terminal and run a bunch of accessories out of the bus block.

#4 ·
Also you could look on car audio websites. My last car had 2 battery terminal blocks with a 0 guage port for the stereo, and an 8 gauge port for the stock wire. (One on the positive, and one on the negative)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.