Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Need help TPMS-19 tool training TPMS???

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  HSrider 
#1 ·
Has anyone had any luck training their TMPS sensors? I have tried the manual way and it doesn't work. I had the service guy use a key fob tool and it worked so I bought the key fob and even though I've tried it multiple ways it isn't working either.

I did the learn instructions from owners manual and it didn't work.

Then I tried the instructions I found online for TPMS-19 key fob also 8C2Z-1A203-A Transmitter. Did the cycling of the key 3 times then tap brake then cycle key 3 more times and enter learn tire mode. Did each tirer and shut it off then started it up and alarm still sounds. Tried it again and this time without turning key off just hit OK for Tire Learning complete and then stared truck, still getting warning.

So if anyone has used this tool can you please help me out.

Thanks

#2 ·
The instructions I had were wrong and they stated "hold the fob on the opposite side of away from the valve stem (this was for band sensors). Make sure you are holding the fob at the valve stem.

#3 ·
Thanks but I figured that part out because I knew they were in the valve stems. So I've held it at the valve stem until horn beeps on all tires and it still doesn't work. Guess I'll be looking on line again for more instructions.

#4 ·
What air pressure do you have in your tires? I have 65psi in mine and that is within the +/-20% tolerance range. If you are going to go below that you are going to have to go to the dealer and beg them to lower the TMPS pressure in the computer. The only thing your tool does is train the sensor to your computer.

#5 ·
I'm running 45 front and 40 rear right now. So might need to make a trip to the dealer if I want to get rid of the warning chime.

The service writer got it to work though when I had them all at 50, so not sure.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.