Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Gauging Interst: Aftermarket Idle Controller

802 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mor4wd 
#1 ·
Hey Folks,

Just curious if anyone on here is interested in an aftermarket idle controller? The intent would be to allow the stock PCM control the first minute or two of operation and then have a high idle controller take over and ajust the idle upwards slowly as oil temps increase (over say 5-10 minute period). The unit might max out close 2400 rpm and have a shutoff above say 70-90 deg C or something like that. The idea here is to allow a truck to be remote started in extremely cold weather and not have wet stacking or oil contamination issues AND get the truck defrosted and fully warmed in a 5-10 minute period.

I was talking to a fella tonight who has the capablity to build such a unit but it wouldn't likely make sense unless we planned to build a few for others. Anyway, like I said, just gauging interest here at this point. If there is enough interest, we'll get a prototype in the works (I may anyway).

I still can't believe this noone has built something like this yet!

Cheers, JC

PS - To clarify, this would have similar, BUT DIFFERENT, functionality to that of the standard SEIC mod.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'd be interested. My 2011 doesn't raise the idle near enough compared to my 08.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.