Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2011 6.7 Stalling Issues

6K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  PUMPED 101 
#1 ·
Had my truck reflashed @ 5k miles, shortly afterwards truck started stalling mostly in 2nd gear, around 1000-1200 rpm - I could literally push the pedal to the floor with no response. After 4-5 seconds the throttle would begin to pick up again. Went to Ford - watched Svc Mgr run the diagnostic on his laptop - nothing recorded. Dropped truck off last Monday, Ford Engr. came out and they rewrote a program, reflashed the computer, Svc Mgr drove truck for 2 days - no issues. Now they called and it is acting up again.

Waiting now to hear back from them.
Any suggestions?
:dunno:

#2 ·
They'll figger it out. I am sure there are going to be 'glitches', it's tough when it's your :dunno: truck with the glitch. On the upside, once it is ironed out you will have a vehicle that has no history of issues. Keep us posted...

#3 ·
Well, got my girl back yesterday. Svc Mgr said they reflashed the computer 4 times - current version 70.04 seems to be running fine without stalling but MPG is still around 15.5 - would like to see it get back to 22mpg but it is what it is

Will update in a week or so.

#4 ·
Thats great to hear :woot: No worries....your mileage will be back! @14500 mi i'm getting 18 city/22-24 hwy:thumb: It seems to be a big difference after 13500 mi.
Good luck and keep updating.

#5 ·
Just turned 39000, seems I can pick my mileage by reflashing my driving style...:icon_ford:

I am happy with the fact that I can get over 15 mpg on a tank all city driving, starting, stopping...Of course... that is without playing.

....my 6.4 was at 7-9.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.