Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

tool box help

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  11SuperDutyKR 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 KR white/beige CC SB, and I'm looking into purchasing a toolbox in the near future. First off, what color? Chrome(stainless) or black? Second, which brand...I'm leaning towards UWS. Thanks.

#3 ·
As of right now, the truck sits at stock height w/ KR 20''s. Also, if I do cross-box what width do I need? I like the idea of a low profile cross box because because I might be able to put an extra tank under the tool box. Keep the suggestions coming!

#5 ·
thanks for the help! I'm basically down to choosing color and brand now...

#7 · (Edited)
I like the king ranches when the accessories are painted the same as the beige that come on the bottom of the KR. I went with the weathergaurd tool box. They seem better built. I put the low profile weathergaurd on my KR and had that and the nfab steps painted. The paint code on the 2011 is LQ if u go that route.

Edit. Your bumpers are already painted so I think the box should be painted to match

#9 ·
^ That's my number one choice, but I don't know the best tank/tool box combo...they're expensive, so I want to get opinions and feedback first before pulling the trigger.

#10 ·
i have a 09 white and tan king ranch and i put a chrome weather gurad on my truck, yeah they are expensive boxes but they are worth every penny if you keep expensive stuff in it.

#12 ·
You will probably pull the trigger before me, but I am going to check out a local place that makes custom toolboxes and/or with fueltanks. Lots of people around me have been really happy with them. The best part for me is that they can make a tank that will still allow me to fit a several sheets of drywall/plywood all the way to the front of bed so I can still close the tailgate.

All of the aux fuel tanks I have seen sit on the bottom of the bed. I like being able to bring 8' lumber home and close the tailgate and roll-and-lock cover... I didn't realize how much I missed it until I got a short bed truck.

I won't be able to check them out for a few weeks. But let me know if you are interested...

#14 ·
all the info is great...agrisupply appears to be the best deals I've seen! I think I'm going to go with the cross bed tool box w/o fuel tank for now. My reasons are, I like the idea of being able to fit a nitrous bottle in the box, and and aux fuel tank below the tool box. I'm leaning towards weather gaurd and UWS. I'm definitely going stainless, so I can leave it or paint it to match beige color. Thanks again for the insight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.