2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 05-18-2017, 04:42 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just bought my first 6.7... have questions

I just bought a 2012 6.7 and I have some questions. First, I am 99% sure it is deleted as the exhaust is nothing but straight pipe and a small little muffler at the end. I am not really sure I like it being like this as it is a bit louder than stock, and I get a pretty good "whistle" from the turbo. Also, it rolls coal quite a bit when I get on the pedal hard. How hard is it to "undelete" and also, how can i find out what tune is on the truck, as I know it must be tuned for a delete.

Thanks!

2005 6.0PSD CC SB FX4
-PHP tuned FICM

1999.5 7.3PSD SC SB 2WD (sold)

I bleed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-18-2017, 04:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome

Did you buy it from a dealer or an individual? I would have asked the previous owner what tunes/chip are on it.

'99
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
F250 SD 7.3L 249k Miles

Edge CTS 2

post #3 of 11 Old 05-18-2017, 05:16 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
You are definitely deleted.
Most likely a race tune on it if you're getting black smoke often.
If there is a cold air intake that will maximize whistle.

If you live in an inspection area or have DOT numbers on the side of your truck you will need to do something eventually.

A new dpf from Ford is close to $4k an egr cooler assembly isn't cheap either. It's possible that the previous owner used block off plates. Then you would need a reflash of the PCM at the dealer.
If you just roll into the dealer to get it done it's gonna be expensive for sure.

You might be able to score a takeoff dpf assembly and egr cooler from flea bay, craigslist, or something.

Or get an sct x4 with tyrant tow tune and a 50" Donaldson muffler and keep on rollin. It will still whistle a little, but not cruising down the highway. Probably around $800.

post #4 of 11 Old 05-18-2017, 06:43 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank you for the information. I am OK with the delete being there, but I would really prefer to have a stock tune if possible. I'm thinking maybe a tune that is stock but has the regen turned off. Is that an option? Also if that is an option, is there a fairly cheap tuner that I could get to do that? I don't really care about having any custom tunes down the road so I would be OK with just the stock tune one time. Thoughts?
post #5 of 11 Old 05-18-2017, 06:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durapig Eater View Post
If there is a cold air intake that will maximize whistle...
Hey question for ya.
I am still learning about diesels so please be patient, and I apologize in advance for stupid questions... I bought a bone stock (non-deleted) 2011 F250 back in January, and I actually like that "whistle" so is it possible to somehow "tweak" the stock CAI or add an aftermarket one in order to make that louder? or will that screw up a bunch of stuff? What effect would it have? I have no interest in deleting at this point.
Thanks!

New owner of "Buford".
2011 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 6.7 Lariat

post #6 of 11 Old 05-18-2017, 06:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by legends13 View Post
Thank you for the information. I am OK with the delete being there, but I would really prefer to have a stock tune if possible. I'm thinking maybe a tune that is stock but has the regen turned off. Is that an option? Also if that is an option, is there a fairly cheap tuner that I could get to do that? I don't really care about having any custom tunes down the road so I would be OK with just the stock tune one time. Thoughts?

If it's deleted, you would no longer have regens occurring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 11 Old 05-18-2017, 09:00 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
@legends13 a Tyrant tow tune is only 40+ hp and the truck is way more drivable in my opinion. An SCT X4 is your cheapest option and you can look for a tune for that platform, but it must me an off road tune. No dpf, no regen, no DEF and so forth. Single tune runs $200 + the X4.

@SixFive aside from a nolimit or S&B CIA you could try a drop in performance filter, but I'm not a fan of any of them in general. I would rather the protection of a stock box and paper filter than a little whistle.

Not sure if a new compressor wheel would give you what your after or not?

I'm past the point of roasted tires and prius repellant at this stage in life. I just want to hook up some heavy **** and drive to the edge of the planet without issues.
ekimv65 and SixFive like this.
post #8 of 11 Old 05-18-2017, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,366 Times in 1,295 Posts
Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Quoted: 1656 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
@jacob@nolimit .......

GD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
...because Patriot.
post #9 of 11 Old 05-18-2017, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

@ekimv65 I understand regens won't happen, but the computer will still try. You need a no regen tune to turn it off. After a certain mileage, the truck will go into regen no matter what if it isn't programmed not to. That much I know. What I'm after is a stock tune that does nothing except turn off the regen. And the cheaper the better.
post #10 of 11 Old 05-18-2017, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by legends13 View Post
@ekimv65 I understand regens won't happen, but the computer will still try. You need a no regen tune to turn it off. After a certain mileage, the truck will go into regen no matter what if it isn't programmed not to. That much I know. What I'm after is a stock tune that does nothing except turn off the regen. And the cheaper the better.

Ahh, got it. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode