Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Looking at a 2015....was a rental and from Canada.

968 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  84flatbed 
#1 ·
So I have been looking for a "new to me" truck and have found what looks to be a pretty good deal. 2015 Lariat 4x4 CC LB DRW pretty much loaded and from the pics looks really clean. On the bad side it already has 70K miles and according to the Carfax is originally from Canada and was a rental.

The miles do not bother me that much as I only put about 10K a year on myself. I have read that even though it once roamed Canada that there is no difference from one that stayed state-side. The rental thing though...on one hand you can assume that maintenance was done when it should have been on the other hand what kind of jackjaw was abusing it. :surprise:

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

https://www.carfax.com/vehicles/1FT8W3DT5FEA43719-used-2015-ford-f-350-lariat--charlotte

#3 ·
See if you can get a look at the title... basically figure out who owned the truck when it was rented.

Reason being; my truck came from an oil company. They bought them in bulk for a good discount, put a few toys on them (fuel tank, headache, bumper, and toolbox) and sent people to work. Whenever the trucks returned home they would perform all of the maintenance on them.

But when I look at the carfax it says this was a rental. Obviously this was more of a fleet operation than a rental operation.

#6 ·
Are we talking rental as in Hertz, Enterprise, etc? Or do you mean a lease type vehicle? Rental vehicles in my area are generally well taken care of, especially if it's a lariat I'm sure the average joe wasn't the typical renter. Now a lease vehicle......I'd just stay away.

#7 ·
A local dealership had one they stated was a day rental vehicle, I drove the back lot before it had been cleaned up and could swear it had some kind of tile company logo on it. I think the true rental story will be important. Another issue I would have with any vehicle from Canada would be rust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.