Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Are All 6.7's Sold with the Same Emissions Components Throughout USA?

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  65fsbk 
#1 ·
Hello,

I live in AZ and plan to buy a 2012-2013 F250/350 with a 6.7 in the next 6 months or so.

I plan to delete the EGR and DPF as soon as I take ownership.

Since I live in AZ, I was planning on expanding my search into CA but I was wondering if the trucks sold there have more emissions crap on the engine since CA is so strict on emissions?

I really don't want to buy a truck that has more stuff on it that I will need to delete if I can avoid it.

From my reading on this forum it seems all these trucks have the same amount of emissions crap on them no matter where it is sold in USA but just want to make sure.

#2 ·
Yes, all USA and Canada trucks have the same emissions.

#4 ·
Where are you in Az? Just a heads up if you are in Phx or Tus there is emissions testing and you'll have to put all that junk back on each year. (part of the reason for getting rid of my 6.4). If you're out of those areas, well knock yourself out lol.

But to answer your question, as far as I know they are all the same and there aren't any "California emissions" models

#5 ·
I'm in Gilbert and yes I know I'll have to put everything back on for testing which blows but it is what it is.

Don't we have an option to go two years on emissions? I know I've gone two years without testing before but that's on my gas engine, this will be my first Diesel so is it different for Diesels?

#10 ·
So what will I be replacing every time I reconnect the EGR? I'm assuming there are gaskets that will need to be replaced each time or do the No Limit block off plates have o-rings?

I'm assuming on the DPF I'll just basically be just swapping it with the delete/replacement pipe each time, right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.