Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Did you replace your plastic oil pan? Questions..

6K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  nelson1each 
#1 ·
It is long past time for me to replace my plastic oil pan. I'm trying to decide if the Mag-hytec pan is worth the premium over the stamped metal pan. In either case, did you just re-use the old pan bolts or did you source new ones?

Does anyone know of any alternatives I should look at?

#3 ·
Is the plastic pan really a big issue on these trucks? I would prefer metal over plastic but rather put the money to other mods. Truck is no pavement queen and I see quite a bit of rough paths, farm roads and rocks and mine has held up fine.

#4 · (Edited)
Not the plastic pan but I replaced the metal oil pan.

#5 ·
I put a 147,000 mile on my 2011 with the plastic pan and never had a problem.
I loved the 1/4 turn oil drain.

I drag a horse trailer all over the Utah on all kinds of Forest Service and BLM roads as well as construction equipment almost daily to construction job sites.

Never a problem,

#6 ·
Every other powerstroke i've owned has had a hole rust through the pan.

Also seen my fair share of blm roads where they fill the pot hole with a rock the size of a Volkswagen and finish it off with baseballs, not an issue.

#8 ·
#9 ·
i changed mine to the stamped metal one sold by SPE....pay attention to the tq on those little bolts...I broke one off...wasn't difficult to remove but none the less those little suckers break easy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.