Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Radiator Replacement

15K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ron33 
#1 ·
Anyone changed out their primary radiator? I've got a 2011, starting to leak worse progressively. A ton of work or a good 4 hour job? Thanks in advance!!

#2 ·
There's plenty of youtube videos out there, none make it look too terribly hard. A little knowledge and some hand tools looks to be about it.

#4 ·
I haven't done this yet, But i would recommend the mishimoto radiator.

Also recommend getting a 6mo or 1 year subscription to ALLDATADIY.com for all the diagrams and instructions for your truck on stuff like this. I think i still have a promo code for like 17 bucks or something like that.

I could send you some of the info if it isn't to much to pull out.

Good luck on your decision, Ill be here to help if you need.

FYI, Says its a skill level B ( moderate ) and about a 4.5 Hr billable job. for the main Radiator.FORD Part BC3Z8005G Suggested MSRP $746.18

#5 ·
The job on my truck is an hour or so just to R&R, not to difficult.

Removed recently to clean due to overheating issues when pulling a heavy load up a steep mountain. Now we have a small leak where the plastic meets the metal.

Are there any other options, or is Mishimoto the only/best way to go?

thanks.

#6 ·
My Ford radiator started leaking at about 70k. I replaced it with a Mishimoto using their tutorial on youtube. It took about 4 hours taking breaks and not getting in a hurry. 15 months later my Mishimoto was leaking. I went through their warranty process and paid $100 to have a new one shipped. They sent me a replacement without me having to send the old one back. This time it took about half the time because I remembered what I was doing. It's not as bad as it seems. Hopefully this Mishimoto lasts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.