Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

DPF/DEF/EGR Delete Kits

46K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  ZCherry27 
#1 ·
Today i got the P20BA code for my Reductant Heater A Control Performance. I have been wanting to delete my truck for some time just to get rid of the emissions stuff. My question is, what would be the best delete kit? Also not too expensive. I am not looking for anything crazy. As far as EGR I just want to block it off but keep it on the truck because I still have to do emissions in AZ. I don't care if its straight pipe or has a muffler or even keeps the stock muffler. As far as tunes I am not looking for any race tunes or anything like that. Just a delete tune and maybe even a tow tune, but even then I could really care less. I do not know much about the delete kits and any advice would be great. I just do not want to have any more emissions problems and all the soot being recirculated into the intake is clogging it up. I pulled the upper intake manifold this past weekend to fix a coolant leak at the turbo and there was a 1/4" think wall on soot on the entire manifold. I am also not wanting to spend tons of money since i just dropped $2k on it last week and then today have a check engine light. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#2 ·
#5 ·
It's all DIY or you can have a shop put it on. Nobody really sells "kits" anymore. Buy the parts individually or all at once from a vendor.

#6 ·
So do you cut out the DPF, insert replacement section, give a tune, then what do you do with the DEF tank? Also is there any CPU connections that need or anything else that needs to be capped off ir shorted or anything else I'm missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·

drain the urea tank and remove or leave it your call

tune before you unbolt DPF and block EGR to make sure you dont have no tune issues

#8 ·
So tune before egr block/delete?

I was thinking of deleting before putting the money down to tune, but don't want to throw any codes for doing so.

#11 ·
I just recently deleted my truck. I unplugged all sensors and plugs to both dpf and egr. Then I installed the tune seemed to work out fine for me. Then I removed the dpf from the truck. Still haven't removed the egr yet though it's just unplugged at the moment. I'll eventually remove it. Just not sure it's a task I can do myself.

#14 ·
you're probably gonna have to buy some custom delete tunes somewhere for that tuner if you get that package on amazon.

#19 ·
You'll more then likely have issues getting full asking price on trade in IF it's deleted since they would have to re-install factory emissions before they sell it again.

If you're selling to a private party it usually won't cause much concern because most people will be either looking to reduce weight or buy a truck that already has it done.

You could also keep factory emission stuff in garage and re-install it when it comes time to sell then you can keep all your aftermarket parts for your next truck

Reactions: brettwingfield
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.