Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrant Diesel

98K views 125 replies 46 participants last post by  jman37 
#1 ·
A little history:
I purchased my rig in December of 2015. Before buying, I had read many posts which spoke to deleting and tuning so before even the first 1K miles and before the first Regen, I deleted. I researched and asked what I needed to buy as I took on the project single-handed (and I knew very little about the truck). With the help of the great guy on this forum, I was able to narrow things down to a couple of vendors. In the end, I went with Mike at No Limit. With the delete kit, and EGR block-offs, I also went with the SCT and GearHead tunes. After deleting the truck and reprogramming, I tried to find the right fit with the tunes purchased but I could never seem to get satisfaction out of the truck. The main problems were related to shifting, lack of power, and overall poor MPGs (~9-10). I contacted No Limit and was subsequently put in contact with a representative at GH who assisted in trying to get the tunes dialed in. I probably went through 10 custom tunes before I had finally had enough. At that point, I set it to "street" and just let it be. Yeah the truck ran like crap, but I was at a loss.

I posted my concerns here on the forum and before long I realized I was not alone. As the responses to some of the same issues kept coming in, I knew that this truck could run and sound better. There was one particular forum member here that asked me if I had ever tried Tyrant Diesel. I told him no that I never even heard of it but I would look it up. After attempting to find out more about Tyrant, I kept coming up empty handed. I reached back out to the forum member who then supplied me with a contact by the name of Cale.

I reached out to Cale not long afterward and explained the rig, what I had done this far and the problems that I was having with the current GH tunes. I had been informed ahead of time that Cale was extremely busy and I might not get a reply for weeks. That was fine with me, I just wanted the truck to run like it should so if it meant waiting a month, so be it. In merely a day Cale respond to my email and pledged to get my truck running better than it had previously......and he wasn't lying. A day or so passed and he sent out the first tune which was by far the best I had loaded on the truck to that day. It had not only unmatched power, but it would paint a white vehicle black coming off the line. I later informed Cale of the results and he kept tweaking the tune to get it dialed in precisely. SO, here's my point in all of this. Cale didn't just throw the tune out there and say "here, that's it", he continued to revise the tune to fit the truck while also addressing my concerns. Unlike the advise I received, he has continued to respond to my emails in a very short period of time. I truly wish I had went with Tyrant Diesel beforehand and saved myself a lot of heartache and money.

Here's the thing, it you are looking for tunes, and you want it done right the first time......Tyrant Diesel. Thanks Cale for not only the wonderful tune, but also the outstanding customer service (second to none) and character that you just don't see in many people anymore.

Try this guy out, I guarantee you won't find better.

See less See more
#2 ·
Second that! Switched to Tyrant from GH and couldn't be happier. My truck runs the best on the Tow tune. Cale was a huge help and the shifting is just like stock which is what I was looking for.

#3 ·
Third. Cale is a stand up guy with amazing tunes. Wish I went with his tunes over GH initially

#4 ·
I have been talking to Cale about possibly replacing my PIP tunes with his on my 2012. The only problem I see is that he told me that his top tune for my truck is (I think) 130-140 HP. Which is the claim of the performance tune of the PIP that I have. And I run extreme most of the time, but who knows if those are real numbers.

#12 ·
Yeah I won't even bother asking about that. Like I said I'm not unhappy with the PIP tunes I just feel it could be better. Maybe the grass is greener, maybe not.

I've got his contact info as I've talked to him on power stroke army.

#13 ·
Hey guys question. I have a 15 f350 no limit delete stage 2 NL, 4 inch into a 5 with like a 6 inch tip. I'm running tyrant tune pack on a SCT livewire. I'm getting a engine light. The codes like a 23.. something. Anybody else getting this? I've tried contacting tyrant but no response.

#14 ·
P2014? Or something similar? I just got a hold of Cale and some trucks are extra sensitive to that code like mine. Try him again and he will send you a revision tune to fix it.

Reactions: ZMANN
#15 ·
Yeah it's 2074.. i got a email back yesterday after posted on here. I responded from him asking code number haven't got anything back.. hopefully it'll come back soon. What are you guys getting as far as mpg's on your 15's? Best I've seen combined is 18.0 on the highest setting I've is my best. I haven't ran tow tune yet though.

#16 ·
Tyrant tunes gave the the same code. Cale sent me some revised files and it just popped right back up. However, a couple weeks ago I switched over to the tow tune to go pick up my travel trailer. Dropped it off and went back to extreme and it hasn't come back up yet. Its been about 800 miles or so.

Cale has great tunes, but can be difficult to get in touch with as the tuning is only part of what he does. He will get back with you though.

#17 ·
Yeah I'm just getting really annoyed about how long it's taking. But there is nothing I can do. Yeah I just took a 300 mile round trip. First half was performance drove average speed of 84mpg got 14.2. On the way back I switch too tow tune got 16.0mpg. Tow tune seems the smokiest out of them also.

#31 ·
Yeah he emailed me back. Quick responses and GREAT TUNES...

I asked him to modify one and he had that done in about a day. Very excellent experience.

Tyrant Tunes will be highly recommend from me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#33 ·
You'll never get great MPG at 80 MPH.

Best mpg comes at 60-65 mph.

Anything over that and it starts to drop exponentially

#35 ·
I know I am reviving an old post. I purchased a set of Tyrant tunes, and holy cow were they on point! crisp shifts and power was off the charts. got them in about 24 hours! no CEL nothing, so if your on the fence about Tyrant, jump off and dive feet first! I know alligator performance sells them!

#36 ·
I know I am reviving an old post. I purchased a set of Tyrant tunes, and holy cow were they on point! crisp shifts and power was off the charts. got them in about 24 hours! no CEL nothing, so if your on the fence about Tyrant, jump off and dive in feet first! I know alligator performance sells them!

Are you running the stock air box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.