LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 95 Old 08-15-2016, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Blessed

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tyrant Diesel

A little history:
I purchased my rig in December of 2015. Before buying, I had read many posts which spoke to deleting and tuning so before even the first 1K miles and before the first Regen, I deleted. I researched and asked what I needed to buy as I took on the project single-handed (and I knew very little about the truck). With the help of the great guy on this forum, I was able to narrow things down to a couple of vendors. In the end, I went with Mike at No Limit. With the delete kit, and EGR block-offs, I also went with the SCT and GearHead tunes. After deleting the truck and reprogramming, I tried to find the right fit with the tunes purchased but I could never seem to get satisfaction out of the truck. The main problems were related to shifting, lack of power, and overall poor MPGs (~9-10). I contacted No Limit and was subsequently put in contact with a representative at GH who assisted in trying to get the tunes dialed in. I probably went through 10 custom tunes before I had finally had enough. At that point, I set it to "street" and just let it be. Yeah the truck ran like crap, but I was at a loss.

I posted my concerns here on the forum and before long I realized I was not alone. As the responses to some of the same issues kept coming in, I knew that this truck could run and sound better. There was one particular forum member here that asked me if I had ever tried Tyrant Diesel. I told him no that I never even heard of it but I would look it up. After attempting to find out more about Tyrant, I kept coming up empty handed. I reached back out to the forum member who then supplied me with a contact by the name of Cale.

I reached out to Cale not long afterward and explained the rig, what I had done this far and the problems that I was having with the current GH tunes. I had been informed ahead of time that Cale was extremely busy and I might not get a reply for weeks. That was fine with me, I just wanted the truck to run like it should so if it meant waiting a month, so be it. In merely a day Cale respond to my email and pledged to get my truck running better than it had previously......and he wasn't lying. A day or so passed and he sent out the first tune which was by far the best I had loaded on the truck to that day. It had not only unmatched power, but it would paint a white vehicle black coming off the line. I later informed Cale of the results and he kept tweaking the tune to get it dialed in precisely. SO, here's my point in all of this. Cale didn't just throw the tune out there and say "here, that's it", he continued to revise the tune to fit the truck while also addressing my concerns. Unlike the advise I received, he has continued to respond to my emails in a very short period of time. I truly wish I had went with Tyrant Diesel beforehand and saved myself a lot of heartache and money.

Here's the thing, it you are looking for tunes, and you want it done right the first time......Tyrant Diesel. Thanks Cale for not only the wonderful tune, but also the outstanding customer service (second to none) and character that you just don't see in many people anymore.

Try this guy out, I guarantee you won't find better.
samgoto96, SparkyF250 and jbrosh like this.

Through Christ all things are possible.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 95 Old 08-15-2016, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Second that! Switched to Tyrant from GH and couldn't be happier. My truck runs the best on the Tow tune. Cale was a huge help and the shifting is just like stock which is what I was looking for.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 F250 Lariat FX4
Fox 2.0 IFP Shocks
DPF/EGR Delete
HS intercooler pipe upgrade
5" Flo-Pro Exhaust
Flowmaster Hushpower muffler
S&B Cold Air Intake
Tyrant Tunes
post #3 of 95 Old 08-15-2016, 08:43 PM
Emergency Services

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Third. Cale is a stand up guy with amazing tunes. Wish I went with his tunes over GH initially

2015 Ford F-250 XLT w/ FX4
6.7L Powerstroke Diesel

SCT Livewire tuned by Tyrant Diesel
5" AFE Atlas Downpipe back straight pipe.
Stage 2 intake
EGR Block off plates.
H&S Filter Conversion kit

Carli Backcountry 2.5" leveling kit with full Deaver leaf springs
Method Grid Titanium 18x9
35/12.5/18 Toyo AT2 Xtreme

post #4 of 95 Old 08-15-2016, 09:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
I have been talking to Cale about possibly replacing my PIP tunes with his on my 2012. The only problem I see is that he told me that his top tune for my truck is (I think) 130-140 HP. Which is the claim of the performance tune of the PIP that I have. And I run extreme most of the time, but who knows if those are real numbers.
post #5 of 95 Old 08-16-2016, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAti0n View Post
Third. Cale is a stand up guy with amazing tunes. Wish I went with his tunes over GH initially
Brother it's because of you I went with Tyrant. Thanks so much!

post #6 of 95 Old 08-16-2016, 06:04 PM

Has anyone gone from PIP to Cales tunes?
post #7 of 95 Old 08-16-2016, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Blessed

I'd get Tyrant Diesel tunes and compare. Then if you like them (I'd almost guarantee it), see if you send the PIP ones back.

post #8 of 95 Old 08-16-2016, 07:13 PM
shenanigans

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 1692 Post(s)
Garage
I'll put this out there, chance are you won't be able to send the others back, tunes are typically a once you buy them you own them

Mike
2005 CCSB F250 4X4

post #9 of 95 Old 08-16-2016, 07:14 PM

Yeah no chance inbthat since I bought the X4 with the PIP tunes, but I'm probly going to go ahead and try Tyrant tunes anyway
post #10 of 95 Old 08-17-2016, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaselee View Post
Yeah no chance inbthat since I bought the X4 with the PIP tunes, but I'm probly going to go ahead and try Tyrant tunes anyway

I think he is a vendor on power stroke nation, you can check or just PM me and I can send you his contact if you are interested.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode