Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Air compressor mount location

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Snake 
#1 ·
I'm getting ready to install a viair compressor on my truck. The paperwork with the kit says that the compressors are moisture resistant but not waterproof. I have no plans to submerge into water, but my question is where have ya'll mounted them ? The reason I ask is would rain water be too much because I wanted to put it under the bed on the chassis but not sure about the moisture. My second choice will be in my toolbox.

#2 ·
I have mine in my toolbox...

I'm thinking about putting it where my spare used to be.. a bridge between the frame rails, and attaching it to that would work nicely.

What are your intentions for it? If for inflation (not horns) I highly rec a five gallon holding tank at a minimum... It'll compress, but it's slow going for a tire.

#3 ·
Yeah I have a 5 gallon tank. I'm not going with horns. It'll be for tires,beach balls,floats, etc. i was thinking that tank and comp in toolbox would take up a lot of real estate but I dont want to ruin the compressor by getting too wet.

Reactions: drewactual
#4 ·
I hear ya...

Just an fyi, the mechanism on those things are pretty stout, and getting wet wouldn't be an issue so long as it isn't submerged.. I'm pretty impressed with mine. I run on the beach, and dropping pressure before and raising it afterward is nice to have. Just so long as nobody notices. Of somebody notices, they form a line.. :)

#6 ·
Thanks fellas for the responses. I appreciate your input. I'm gonna tackle this preject real soon and hopefully get it up and runnin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.