Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Oil beaten Horse

559 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  naturalgreenthumb 
#1 ·
I've had my 6.4 now and about to put 20,000 miles on it. So for my 4th oil change I'm want to try the 5w-40 motorcraft full syn. The back story is when I bought it the oil looked good but I thought really thin so I am thinking it had syn in it. I changed it anyway and it had none of the tick tick drivers wheel well noise that the tsb's about. Changed it to rotella 15-40 and it had the noise for what seemed like half the change interval, 2nd Motorcraft 15-40 had it while but less than the rotella, 3rd motorcraft 10-30 semi syn also was this past fall winter and it had the noise even less time very little in fact. Granted forgive me I hadn't been on here and read anything about the oil deal until after I put in the rotella which I wouldn't have if had known. So that is the oil post of the day I am a motorcraft guy and would like to use it or not adverse to something else but I can go to the local dealer and get the 5-40 versus ordering a amsoil or L.E. type oil. Although it is pricey as well with discount cheapest I can find is $40 a 5q jug. All opinions are appreciated and my truck will have 185,000 for this change, is dpf deleted, and I do tow 3-4 times a wk 6000 lbs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.