Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tire pressures??

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Jeff-F350 
#1 ·
Hi All,

This really isn't limited to 6.4 at all, but applicable to all HD pickup trucks.

What tire pressure are you running? And in what tire and size? And for what job or use?

I am at the tire shop right now, putting a new set of 34" (actually manufacturer says 33.7") BFG All Terrain tires on. Ford Manual says to run them at 80 psi etc. but I always air them down for highway use to 60-65. Unless I am going to haul a very heavy load Etc. I usually find the centres wear out fast at 80.

What is everyone else running them at? And the type?

Thanks,

#4 ·
Yes, good point, but... That's for maximum tire pressure allowable. Not a recommended operating psi. Not for everyday type of use. It's too high, you will not wear them evenly running them at max psi empty. Depends on the tire load rating as well.

I see some people on here are running as low as 20... 35 or 40 psi, which works well off road or purpose built 10 ply sidewall tires etc, but I mean everyday type use.

Thanks,

#8 ·
Interesting.
Ok, what is the math for that? I've never done that before, or heard of it for that matter.

Thanks,
Jeff

#6 ·
I just put a set of Toyo OC AT2, LT285/75R16. For daily driver mode, I've been running mine at 60F/45R for the reason you stated. The centers wear out too fast at 80R. Haven't towed with them yet, but I'll take 'em up to 75-80psi for that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.