Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Deleted 6.4 Emissions

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Jason99 
#1 ·
I've always been curious. Would a deleted 6.4 pass an emissions test? I know it wouldn't pass a visual one but what about the sniffer test? Or do they even do that on a diesel?

Gotta love random curiosity at midnight!

#3 ·
They do sniffer tests on diesels here in Arizona and while my wife's 6.4 just passed emissions, I didn't even bother to compare her results against my results from the 6.0 to see if the threshold is the same.

Reactions: Jason99
#4 ·
Guess I shouldn't answer for just my area code :tard:

What gasses are they testing for there? I would assume NOX? Is it a two speed test (idle and high RPM), or?

#5 ·
I'd love to see a baseline run compared to a regeneration cycle... And then compared to a rig running deleted on a clean tune... I bet a dollar to a donut the deleted truck is cleaner over, say, a 1k run...

The absurdity, seriously..... "hey!! Let's trap soot!!! Then, let's douse it with raw diesel and ignite it cutting into a third of the calculated economy!!!!". I still average 17+ mpg with a quarter load at highway speeds with that rack I put up on top... I used to be able to sniff 20 on similar runs.. 15~16mpg at half load... With that trash can? 15 and 12 respectively, with it... Go friggin figure... The Gestapo called the epa here gotta be **** down... Seriously.

#6 ·
I would be curious on this as well... Granted with the cat deleted there would be more emissions. However, if you run a stock tune with the regen cycle turned off the truck does actually run dirtier than most clean custom tunes do...

#9 ·
So its like a 90% just visual inspection? That seems a bit stupid. Right now where I live theres no emissions testing thankfully. But I keep hearing rumors about them bringing it in. If I have to put all the emissions crap back onto my 6.4 I may just get rid of it as much as I love it.

#10 ·
If that day comes here in Minnesota again I will be selling it and picking up a 12v cummins or pre cat 7.3.

#11 ·
It's 100% visual where I am. I was actually surprised to hear that they actually check any type of emissions in Arizona, where Evil Eye is, and not here in California. Although it's just a matter of time before that changes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.