Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Door ajar light---its not the switch

13K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Timpinson 
#1 ·
I've been reading forums for over a week now, looking for a resolution to a problem Im having with an 08 F250, XL, but no luck.

I am getting a Driver door Ajar warning on the dash.
I have the interior gutted looking for the problem.
I checked the switch at the latch. It electrically opens and closes when I press/release the button.
I have a good ground on the black wire at the switch. The other wire is Green with black tracer, and seems to be open. At least when I ohm it to ground it reads open, and no voltage on it when the truck is running. I'm not sure what should be on it though.
I traced it back to where it goes through the door into the chassis. The pin that connects to green/blk wire is pushed in at the connector on the chassis side. I'm pretty sure that is the issue. I tried to pull the pin out, but still not working. I tried to pull it apart inside the cab but the emergency brake mechanism is in the way. I'd like to jumper around the connector, but I have no idea where the wire goes from there. Does anybody know which module it goes to and/or path? Wiring diagram or pin out information would be helpful.
I appreciate any assistance.

See less See more
#2 ·
I had the same problem. Traced it to the the controller located at the passenger kick panel. There are several multi pin connectors that in my case was full of dust and dirt causing the connections to be intermittent.

Try compressed air first without removing the connectors. Then give them some wiggles and see if that cures the connection problems. My problem occurred after I removed three connectors and that is when the problem occurred.

#3 ·
Thanks sgschwend.
With your info I was able to trace it to a broken wire in the wire run under the passenger door and between the passenger kick panel. It was broke about 6 inches or so from the plugs you described. I soldered a new piece in and no more door ajar.

I found another wire broke in roughly the same area. Not sure what it went to, but I spliced it back together.

#4 ·
I don't like the idea that all those wire run down in the truck gutter. I found my door lock wouldn't work, due to a splice gone bad in the same place. Just a bunch of wires at the lowest point in the cab; any dirt and mud and water will end up there.

Glad to see it helped.
steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.