Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

tires

641 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jeff361 
#1 ·
Hey guys I have an 08 6.4 just curious what tires are better looking and perform better 37/12.5 or 37/13.5 it's my daily and I drive on the beach a lot. My rims are 18s

#2 ·
Well if you drive on soft sand then obviously the 13.5s are going to perform better.

If you are using the factory wheels however they might be a bit too wide. Someone with better knowledge on that will have to chime in.

Reactions: drewactual
#3 ·
I run geolander 37"*12.5".... I also run on the beach quite a bit. Here's the deal plain and simple- with 18" rims you'll be fine with the 12.5" if not better, and because you can drop pressure quite a bit with those sidewalls. I wouldn't do it with 20" times, though, because you can't increase your footprint much by dropping pressure.. The 13.5" would be the choice then... The reason why the 12.5 on 18 is better is for other reasons that have nothing to do with a beach... Because of rolling resistance on the road, and because of steering components holding up better/longer....

I have a viair onboard compressor, and whenI hit the ramp to the beach, I'm out deflating tires.. up the ramp? Fill em back up..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.