Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.0 for 6.4 Cabelas

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  LandCruiser 
#1 ·
Well, I finally broke down and moved into a 6.4...

Quite by accident. I was looking around at half tons, for various reasons,.... and happened into a Ford dealership this afternoon to see what they had there for used F150's.

While I was out looking around a very nice, 2010 Cabelas parked behind me. He was dropping it off and picking up his new F150. 60K miles, and in beautiful shape. Never worked it. Just liked it. But, for what ever reason, he decided to move into a 150. Anyway. I had to get it! Pick it up on Monday afternoon.

Just thought I'd post a pic.

I hope this truck is as good as my 6.0 has been to me. Compared to my 04, it's like riding in Cadillac! And quiet too.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Delete it, love it, and enjoy it :)

They are truly great trucks if deleted and maintained.

#4 ·
Thanks, I've just been reading up on deleting.

Not really sure which direction to go, and to be honest, I really don't know anything about the 6.4 set up. Yet.

Is the egr and cooler similar to the 6.0?

Until a few minutes ago, I thought it needed DEF. very happy to learn it does not! That was actually a big hurdle to get past in mind.

If I delete, or program the DPF regen cycle off - I think I would use the Spartan - found one on eBay this evening, do I need to remove the DPF, or can it be left in place? Will it eventually plug up?

Have people been successful in gutting it and building a straight pipe inside, to hide it? Visually it still looks the same?

Any and all suggestions are more than welcome.
Thanks.
Jeff

#7 ·
Thanks, why skip the Spartan? Another brand, or don't delete?

Feel free to suggest any other areas I should look into, or potential problem areas.

Thanks guys,
Jeff

#6 ·
Im DPF deleted, and prefer it that way. I wouldnt want one on the truck, just for fear of plugging up and creating issues.
Are you in a state with strict emissions and inspection? If not, I would just straight pipe it...if it were me.
just my opinion

#9 ·
Jeff great looking rig, I stumbled into a CC SB F350 also, picked it up last week.

Of course, in true Ford fashion its already in the shop, but Im going to try my damn best to love it.

Hopefully you have better luck than I, no matter what they are great looking trucks and the ride/interior is second to none. Now, if I could just get the drivetrain to the point where I can enjoy those perks...

#11 ·
Thanks, I cringe at the thought of that... What happened?

#10 ·
If you own a 6.4 you will eventually have to have work done, just like any other truck. Unlike the 6.0 we don't have to deal with random little bs that nickles and dimes us to death. When something happens on a 6.4 it costs big money, mainly because they are hard to work on. Nothing to really complain about, just take care of your truck. No matter what you own you need to have a truck fund of some kind. No diesel is cheap to fix, I don't care how easy they are to work on. Atleast our fuel filters are easy to get to, unlike gm...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.