Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Bucking

845 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Theron211 
#1 ·
Not sure what is causing the issue. So I posted it here. When I put a heavy load on my 2008 F450 Lariat, 4x4 6.4, She bucks real bad. It only seems to happen when I am just starting out or going real slow. It stops as I speed up or get into the throttle. I am towing a goose neck dump trailer. It does in very minor when empty. When she is loaded (about 7 ton total) it is almost impossible to get going real real bad if going slow up a hill. Once I get on the road it settles down. I have done the DPF and EGR delete and have a gearbox Z tuner installed. All done by a very well respected Ford mechanic. I had the tranny flushed about 1000 miles ago. Truck had 141,000 miles on it. It also started bucking a little when coming to a stop. I am new to towing with a goose neck so a I am not sure what is normal or not. I am also thinking the shocks are in need of replacement, front tires are starting check on me. Any input you guys could give would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Do you have a monitor for the truck? The thing with bucking is it can be a number of things. If it is only while starting and stopping at low speed I would guess trans or tq converter issue. But, you would need a scanner that can read the soft codes...

If you actually flushed the trans it is possible there was damage done to it as well... Most of us will agree that it is usually better to keep on schedule with the drain and fill. It is too risky to do a heated flush. Do you notice any kind of surging or strange driving tendencies while cruising on the freeway with the converter locked?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.