Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

OEM Top shock nut size?

8K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  wadepowerstroke 
#1 ·
Okay sorry I searched and cannot find this for our truck. I know last time I did shocks I borrowed a ratcheting wrench from a neighbor but I don't remember the size. Anyways, new truck OEM shocks at 88K, want to replace them.

Long short I think it's a 21mm for the top front shock nut on the OEM shocks, is that right? Advanced carries 21mm ratcheting wrenches but naturally my set stops at 19mm, and my standard set stops has nothing that is equal. Or at least I am pretty sure it doesn't. Also I am guessing both are the same size but I am assuming I can handle the lower nut with normal crescent wrench or may just buy a 21mm non ratcheting if they are the same.

I'd just like to ensure I get the right size tomorrow at Advanced so I can get the install done tomorrow after work.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Believe it's a 20mm, which is awesome since I don't have that size and no one local carries a wrench for it. I found a 21mm and hope to make that work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.