Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

08 F350 SRW rear differential fluid

16K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  tony97gt 
#1 ·
Hey guys truck just hit 65k figured I'd go ahead and change the fluids since I have to do the oil this weekend. Anything special I need for it? Any additives. Do you guys have any preferences "royal purple " mobile 1?? Is there a gasket I need to get from ford? Just trying to get everything together before I start it. Thanks

#2 ·
The gasket is silicone. I use the Ford Anaerobic stuff here in the shop. Awesome stuff. Just put it on the cover(after the cover and diff have been cleaned of old gasket material) and install. No wait time. Just fill and do burnouts!!!

I have been using the RP 75w140 in these lately. It has the friction mod additive in it already. So you wont need anything else besides 3 bottles of that stuff.

#3 ·
#4 ·
Don't know. Like I said I use the Ford stuff. I know that since I switched I have had 0 issues with leaks and like I said...or Like Ron from RonCo said "Set it and forget it" I would guess its similar or the same. Any Ford dealer will have boxes of the ford stuff tho.

#6 ·
#7 ·
I've noticed my front diff has a leak so I was going to pull off the factory covers and replace with the Mag-Hytec covers on front and back. I know they come with a reusable gasket but is it pretty much the same procedure for front and rear replacement? Pull the covers off, clean everything up, replace gasket and covers, refill with the fluid above?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.