Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

delete question and driveline shudder

771 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Riles0340 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2008 F250. I have done the delete kits to my buddies power strokes but we always did the full exhaust systems. On my truck the burner has been replaced with the test pipe and the rest is just the stock exhaust with the cat. the issue i have is that i didn't get the tuner with the truck when i bought it so i have no way to know if its tuned. why i question it is because the check engine light is always on and i have read the codes a couple times and they are for the burner (ex. bank 1 & 2, and regen codes). and i can clear the codes but they just come right back. also the truck tries to clean the exhaust filter quite often as well. It shows the message on the dash. Just wondering if anyone knows of anything i can do besides the obvious replacing the full exhaust with tuner. the way it is now doesn't put the truck into limp mode like it should.

My other issue is that when i start out from a stop, the truck shudders for a few seconds then goes away. It feels like its coming from the drive line. it doesn't do it near as much when its in 4 wheel and sometimes shudders harder when turning a corner when starting out. I have done some research that says it could be the angle of the drive line. Ive been under the truck and the only thing i can find wrong is that there is quite a bit of movement in the steady bearing. curious if anyone else has had this issue

#2 ·
Sounds like you need to get the delete tune. It is stackable with any other tuner. That is the way I did it. Purchased a street legal tuner, and then added a delete only tune. A previous owner deleted the hardware without the change in software. A popular method for delete is to install the tune first to make sure everything is working then delete the hardware.

There is a good thread on the 6.4 group that covers this work along with the results folks are obtaining.

I wasn't sure if you meant you had a banks turner and that you are having a funny issue with the drive system. I would not be surprised if you have error codes that the truck is going to run poorly. If you do have the banks tuner, then I would get the delete tune, and then reset the banks so that it will relearn the transmission.

Good luck let us know what you find out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.