Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Need some combo wrench help for the 6.4L

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  pops250 
#1 ·
I am trying to think of the biggest wrenches I would need for my 6.4l I have access too several large combo wrenches like around 1 7/8 size bolts.

what sizes over 1 inch can you think of that would been needed too work on the truck and where on the truck is that nut located????

thanks gang

#2 ·
Uhhhh... I can't think of any off the top of my head. I am sure there may be 1 or 2... But not that you would ever really need to break loose...

#4 ·
:banging: Keeping my mouth closed now... I knew there would be one.

#12 ·
We have a 3 inch wrench at work... Not sure why, but we do. It is hanging on the wall in our maintenance office and tends to get knocked down every now and then. When that thing hits the floor, everyone... Their mother... And their small dog knows something big just fell lol.

#13 ·
We used to keep a steel 60" pipe wrench on our work truck. It weighed close to 50lbs. I used it once. Them put it back and never used it again. It took more work to push it back up than to wrench it tight.

Sorry about the derail. But piñon nut and pitman arm nut come to mind v

#14 ·
The fuel and oil filter caps are 36 mm.

#15 ·
You don't need a wrench for those though, just a 36mm socket. The primary filter you would never fit a wrench that big up there either. I have a 20" extension and still have to use a damn cheater pipe to get the thing loose.

#16 ·
Yep thats true but 36 mm socket or wrench is big. Not in the 1/4 , 3/8 drive range. Thats what I was getting at.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.