Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Oil Cooler- Anyone ever saved one with flushes

630 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  drewactual 
#1 ·
Guys,
I love this site, and with all the knowledge I'm sure someone knows the answer.
I have an 08 f250 with 170,000 miles. ECT's are 197 and EOT's are 213.
I have read all about the Restore and VC-9 flushes and wanted to see if after all these flushes, has anyone ever saved an Oil Cooler? After the 20 to 25 flushes did any of these oil coolers become unclogged? Any help on this would be awesome. I talk with Ford and their stance is, if you haven't thrown a code, you are fine. Also, I keep getting that your Delta's are OK. I know this subject has been beaten to death, but it seems to be a difficult answer. At what Deltas do you spend the $2500 for a new oil cooler to be replaced?

Thanks,

MM

#2 ·
Spend $1500 and install the half kit with a thermostatic bypass valve.. eff that durn oil cooler.

I doubt you'll recover it. A matter of fact, a flush may even make it worse..

Restore attacks silicates, and the soft clingers in your system.. it has to be flushed with that one first, because the restore+ attacks the scale, which is the harder stuff between the metal and the softer stuff.. if you hit it with restore+ first, and on a system demonstrating issues already, you're asking for big chunks to break off with soft still attached, and a certain way to clog the cooler.

The BPD half kit will solve this issue once and for all, and especially if you insert a thermostatic bypass valve which won't allow you to circulate oil that's too cold.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.