Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Just purchased

2K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  Handlecap 
#1 ·
Just picked up an 08 f350 srw. It's amazing. Been reading around.... And considering the "bullet proofing". It's is 100% stock with 125k. Only thing it has ever gone to the dealer for was an egr valve. Anyways, how soon would you guys start adding these tuners/deletes. I am leaving soon for the other side of the world and leaving the truck in my wife's hands... Anything I should be teaching her to look for while I'm gone?

Thanks for any info, the site is awesome and so is all the info I have read in the past two weeks.

#3 ·
Ethan seems pretty much average for the miles as compared to hours.

As for the deletes, the sooner to better. If you don't get to it before you leave I'd let your wife know to try not to shut the truck off while it's still doing a regen. The sooner you get the deletes done though the sooner you will not have to worry yourself with regens.

#5 ·
How often do they regen? I may not be able to get the delete done before I go but the tuner I have started looking into and will probably have one in a week or so.

#6 ·
Depends on drivin habits. More city driving will lead to more regens. Maybe every 180 miles or so on the frequent side. Maybe a bit lower than that even.

#10 ·
Ahhhhh, interesting! Dang DPF. I have had a couple 6.0's, but considering selling my Excursion and getting an 08/09. I know the 6.0 issues - but dont know what goes on with the 6.4's. Thanks.

#12 ·
HAHAHA - I still think EGR first. When you do the DPF delete it requires a custom tune, correct? Which is fine - I have an X3 and would just get some custom tunes.

Is the 350 in your sig still for sale? I know it is a 6.0 - just curious

#14 ·
OP,
If you can't get the deletes/tuner done before you leave then definitely instruct her about the regen process.
Before mine was deleted it would regen at least once per tank it seemed. So, once every 300 miles or so.
Also, depending on how long you are gone, you might want to empty the water separator and teach her what it is.

#16 · (Edited)
I will definitely make sure she knows, I told her yesterday about the regen process while we were out driving. I have put about 500 mi on it since we bought it. Haven't had any notifications tell me it's doing it yet. But I have heard a "wind" like noise come from the bottom of the truck once or twice. Kinda like a window is down. Does it make any noise like that? Lasts for about a min or two and then goes away. Just wondering.

Thanks for all the info so far. Probably one of the most helpful forums (information and people) I've ever joined.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.