Elite Diesel Engineering NIGHTMARE - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014, 09:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Elite Diesel Engineering NIGHTMARE

Has anyone else ever had Elite Diesel do any work for them?
I had my 09' 6.4 shipped to their shop in December for a stage 1 motor swap.
They told me it should be 4-6 weeks for the build and swap to be completed.
It has now turned into a complete F-ing nightmare...... I have received excuse after excuse of why it still is not done. We are going on 5 months at this point. I sent them a check back in November for almost $12k "so they could get the build started". Then a couple weeks ago I found out that on top of the balance I still owe an additional $1200 for fluids and parts they forgot to include in their original quote. At this point I am feeling like I will need to get lawyers involved. The other issue is that I am in Chicago, so its not like I can pop in every now and then to see progress. Anyone have any advice for me on this one? Help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2014, 10:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have never had any dealings with Elite Diesel, so this is based 100% off of your post. Get legal advice....do not talk to them any further. Have a lawyer send a letter certified outlining what was supposed to be done, when it was to be done and for how much. Make realistic demands, such as getting your truck completed by a “New” specific date, or demand a refund and get your truck shipped home. I went through a bad situation with a tranny build from what I thought was one of the best in the business (For my 5.9). It turned into a train wreck....Once, I had my lawyer get into contact with them everything went silky smooth. I didn't want to have to go that route, but sometimes that is your only option.
I live just outside of Chicago, if you need a number for diesel repairs in the area, shoot me a PM. I know of two great places.

Good Luck,
Karl (Turbo Kidd)
Old 04-16-2014, 03:41 PM

Awww man that sucks. I hope you can get this resolved. Nightmare is right.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:50 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Thats pretty typical there. I know of a couple trucks that have been waiting quite a bit longer than that unfortunately

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 04-17-2014, 04:50 AM

I know that when I was having my exhaust and turbos replaced I inquired with Rudy's about their Elite Diesel tow compound package because it was no different than 2 new factory turbos, and they were on a nationwide 2 week backorder. I didn't feel right with that, so I opted for the factory turbo replacements.
Glad I did.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:29 AM

While elite makes some pretty amazing products, I don't think I would ever order something from them if it wasn't on the shelf or have them do any of my labor if I were in a time crunch. Most guys that send their stuff their have a very flexible or no deadline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.