Black eBay headlights - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 04:58 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Black eBay headlights

Hey guys I saw these and was curious if anybody's tried em out? I want black headlights for my truck but I'm too nervous about putting my headlights in the oven for some reason
Attached Thumbnails
Black eBay headlights-image.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2014, 05:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuschCountryBoy View Post
Hey guys I saw these and was curious if anybody's tried em out? I want black headlights for my truck but I'm too nervous about putting my headlights in the oven for some reason
A fella on here has them and i asked him about them and he said they are holding up good. only thing he noticed was that the light pattern off to the sides was a little different. wasnt good or bad, thats just the only different he found. my buddy is running the same brand on his 6.0 and they are holding up great after two years.

if you decide you buy the ebay ones let me know, i may be interested in your stock ones. im wanting to do a projector retro fit which takes a few days and i dont want to have my truck down so i was looking for a spare set. i was contemplating just buying those because they are so cheap.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:10 PM

Okay I can do that, as long as those lights are worth the money then I'd say I'll go for it
Old 03-27-2014, 05:54 PM
Premium Member

If you are buying the cheap $130 ones be careful. I bought some clear ones and holy cow they are cheaply made!
Old 03-27-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fussgus View Post
If you are buying the cheap $130 ones be careful. I bought some clear ones and holy cow they are cheaply made!
need more info? the ones for my buddies are the dead same as oem.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:49 PM

Yeah I'm interested also?
Old 03-28-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisH3 View Post
A fella on here has them and i asked him about them and he said they are holding up good. only thing he noticed was that the light pattern off to the sides was a little different. wasnt good or bad, thats just the only different he found. my buddy is running the same brand on his 6.0 and they are holding up great after two years.

if you decide you buy the ebay ones let me know, i may be interested in your stock ones. im wanting to do a projector retro fit which takes a few days and i dont want to have my truck down so i was looking for a spare set. i was contemplating just buying those because they are so cheap.
Very accurate. I have them on my truck. Had them on my 06 with no problems. The left one on my 6.4 let in some moisture in the car wash, haven't done anything about sending them back because I intend to take my factory set apart and do some custom painting.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:57 PM

I just installed a set on a 6.0 today. i was checking out the quality and they didnt seem to be any different structure wise. Its a customers truck so i didnt get to see the light difference at night.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:19 AM

Ok cool well ill def get a set then
Old 03-29-2014, 09:58 AM
Premium Member

Both of my headlights came with cheap rubber where the bulbs go. One headlight is so loose that you don't even have to get use the adjustment knob you can just push or pull on that screw. If you have led lights in the markers you won't be able to use them in the new lights unless they are super small. Both headlights don't have room for them. Lastly my headlight bulbs were hard as hell to twist in because they are so cheap. I'm incredibly dissatisfied but I guess expected when you only pay $130.00.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.