LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 03-13-2014, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H and S Mini Max

Just wondering what problems anyone has had with there trucks after installing mini max. I've put 30000 miles on my truck since installing mini max egr and cat dpf delete but tomorrow I'm taking my truck to the third mechanic to fix it whatever the case maybe the first two said hpfp. The mechanic I am letting diagnose and work on my truck seems to be very good with the 6.4 I have known him since I bought my truck three years ago and I believe him to be honest. He has doubts about the mini max and says it can effect my truck even though I run low power settings. What are you alls thoughts on this?
post #2 of 27 Old 03-13-2014, 06:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Of all the tuners available H&S is one of the best & safest out there.
'086.4LDiEsEl' likes this.

2010 F350 KR CCLB, mini max, H&S pyro kit, ARP studs, II 71/59 billet turbos, RCD ported intake, ceramic BD 6.0 exh manifolds, stainless uppipes, SDP 4" ceramic downpipe, 5" MBRP stainless, sinister egr delete with intake elbow, 3" CAC cold side pipe, BD boots, AFE custom air intake, AirdogII, Mann&Hummel CCV filter, 4.10 Yukon locker rear, Eaton TrueTrac front, Coolant filter
post #3 of 27 Old 03-13-2014, 09:40 PM

If it's the hpfp then it's not the mini maxx and I highly doubt it's the tuners fault no matter what the problem is. Hpfp failures are common on 6.4's. I think the general consensus is not IF it fails but, WHEN it fails. Mini maxx is one of the best out there for our trucks. I wouldn't note it as the cause of any problems

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2006 F250 EC/SB - SOLD
2010 F250 CCSB
Spartan, 5" dp back exhaust, s&b intake, fuel boost 18x9, 315/70r18 toyo mt
post #4 of 27 Old 03-14-2014, 06:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I was told when i did the same exact mods as you if i did not go with a fuel system like FASS i would end up having to replace the hpfp down the road which would be more expensive than the FASS. Im fairly new to diesels so i have no idea why they said this, I did not go with the FASS I was about to but am leaning towards the setup Fuel Labs is putting out in another couple weeks i am told that will not need a sump as an extra bonus
post #5 of 27 Old 03-14-2014, 06:22 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
^^ What he said. Get either the fuel lab setup or the airdog 2. Better filtration/water separation.

08 F350 cc/sb 4X4
h&s minimaxx, 5" flo pro, 4" down pipe, no limit cold air intake, dirty diesel EGR delete with intake elbow, 6.0 exhaust manifolds, custom up pipes, ported intake manifold, Apex 71mm LP turbo, Rudy's cold side pipe, diesel site coolant and transmission filter, diesel site intercooler boots, ccv mod, bilstein shocks, gogo dd solenoid, HID lights, Airdog II 165, PMF traction bars, PMF drag link, moshimoto aluminum radiator
post #6 of 27 Old 03-14-2014, 06:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Was also told that injectors would be next another expensive job because of the air in the fuel
post #7 of 27 Old 03-14-2014, 09:42 AM

I use the Baldwin water separator and Donaldson filter for the best possible filtration/water separation.

08 F350 cc/sb 4X4
h&s minimaxx, 5" flo pro, 4" down pipe, no limit cold air intake, dirty diesel EGR delete with intake elbow, 6.0 exhaust manifolds, custom up pipes, ported intake manifold, Apex 71mm LP turbo, Rudy's cold side pipe, diesel site coolant and transmission filter, diesel site intercooler boots, ccv mod, bilstein shocks, gogo dd solenoid, HID lights, Airdog II 165, PMF traction bars, PMF drag link, moshimoto aluminum radiator
post #8 of 27 Old 03-14-2014, 09:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

which model Baldwin
post #9 of 27 Old 03-14-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfauerbach View Post
which model Baldwin
Baldwin BF1275 and Donaldson P551315

08 F350 cc/sb 4X4
post #10 of 27 Old 03-17-2014, 12:35 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfauerbach View Post
I was told when i did the same exact mods as you if i did not go with a fuel system like FASS i would end up having to replace the hpfp down the road which would be more expensive than the FASS. Im fairly new to diesels so i have no idea why they said this, I did not go with the FASS I was about to but am leaning towards the setup Fuel Labs is putting out in another couple weeks i am told that will not need a sump as an extra bonus
You can get a Fuel Lab through Midwest and in a few weeks Side Action Diesel so that it will work on a 6.4 but I haven't heard that Fuel Lab will be releasing their 6.4 version in a few weeks. Do you have a link to that?

2008 F350 ZF6 daily driver
No Limits CAI and every air mod, MM w/ GH, DPF/CAT delete 5", Sean's 4" DP, SB DD 3850, Coolant Filter, Bushwacker flares, 2.5" Icon level, SD inserts tailgate/grill, PMF Tbars w/ 5" block, Elite EGR delete, Junior High Power Atmo, ARP studs, A-1000 (Marty's), Fuel Bowl Delete, 15% nozzles, Tial WG
God Bless our military!!!!
Please see this thread:
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/pow...l#post10310033

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode