Need some advise, do I need to do this? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 11:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need some advise, do I need to do this?

good day guys, I have a power stroke and have had it for a long time, It has been a great truck to me, 200K and it keeps kicking . Having the truck this long I know when its not running right. I have just finished a 30 hour trip non stop ( stop for fuel and snacks ) On my trip when idling i noticed that it started to idle a little bad, has a slight vibration that it has never had,, ever.

I got to my location in VA and filled with some fuel and decided to drain my water seperator , it was clogged with the wax substance, so i took it apart and cleaned it.

I was thinking it might be a bad injector, i don't have any codes, but with 200k i was thinking of replacing all the injectors , with doing the injectors ill need to do the lines to the injectors, then i was thinking i should to the HP fuel pump while I'm in, I also thought of removing the cab and doing the turbo down pipes because I have a few leaks, I noticed them by the black residue left on the pipes when i had the trans out. tile i have my cab off I'm going to do the turbo. and then I'm going to redo the water pump housing / engine cover with the updated version. mine is still the original , my truck is a 2008 job 3.

this brings me to my question, Is there something more i should do while I'm in this far?

or am i doing more stuff than is needed, I'm thinking this is a good chance to do some preventive maintenance .

please give me your thoughts, thanks everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2014, 02:07 PM

If I was that far into it I'd stud it.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:12 PM
Premium Member

Pull air intake manifold and clean out or maybe replace with RCD intake.

Great time to do what I did and upgrade to RCD manifold and their UP-Pipe.

Swap low pressure turbo with RCD turbo.

Also look in my album but wrap exhaust with heatshield. Product is awesome.

What hp gain tune are you running?
Maybe upgrade the fuel injector nozzles to +30 HP

Thought about 165 airdog?

Congrats on 200k on same HPFP. Gives me some hope to see one made it pass 75k miles. Lol.. Well I'm guessing it did.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSchretter View Post

Congrats on 200k on same HPFP. Gives me some hope to see one made it pass 75k miles. Lol.. Well I'm guessing it did.
im looking to do preventative maintenance and longevity mods,

I was going to wrap my down pipes, I work in the industrial side of things and have some good wrap im going to use.

I was told the ported intake does not yield and gains, but im am doing the good up graded up pipes because they are built much better than stock.

what will the low press turbo upgrade give me over stock?

im running mini maxx on full power. all the time. i cut back when towing up hills when the EGT starts getting high,

what will the 30+ injector give me? they are rebuilt ones correct? or is it just something I can replace a part off my new injectors, will it require a tune to make it work? or will it work on the mini maxx tune?

im sorry I am thinking of the air dogg dont know why i didnt put it on my list. but yes, air dog is going in.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSchretter View Post

yes same HPFP, i always use shell fuel , always add additive, always clean my water separator and take it apart ones every few months to clean it out 100%. I think shell fuel is the reason, it has water filters and 5 micron filters at every pump. and I use only heavy traffic fuel stations when possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.