what is a go go solanoid? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2014, 07:17 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what is a go go solanoid?

my truck seem to shift fine as long as u drive it normal. if you try to get down on it not even half throttle I find the trans acts like its not shifting right or don't really know what gear it wants to be in... I have a sct livewire tune from innovative diesel on the truck.do yall think this go go solenoid could be the problem? the tune is the 285tune id offers is on the truck right now any help with this lil issue would be great. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2014, 07:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
A GO-GO is a modified direct drive clutch solenoid that replaces the stock ford solenoid, it applies more flow and pressure for your direct drive (also reverse I believe)

you could flash back to stock and drive it to see if it is tune related.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:19 PM

Is this a up grade that is recommended as for transmission life. Also does the trans have to learn the tune
Old 02-12-2014, 09:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I just installed it the only shift it changed on my truck is when it shifts into 4th. I wish every gear shifted like that. Chances are if your trans is acting up in a bunch of gears that's not your issue. The solenoid is for the 3-4 flare
Old 02-13-2014, 04:30 AM

ok im going to try returning it to stock to see if its tune related
Old 02-13-2014, 06:57 AM

the truck threw two codes when I got on it not even more than half throttle. the codes are po766 and p2703. this truck is nothing but a nightmare I bought it about 6 weeks ago and the motor went out 12 hours after buying it. just got it back last week after putting in new motor, injectors and new turbos. sent the tuner off to innovated diesel and had them reprogram it to make sure everything is going to be straight as far as the tune goes. now this ****. im really hoping the trans don't have to come out because the motor was a lick in the pocket its self. I have the tuner on the street tune for light towing and daily driver. im not trying to race this truck I just wanted a diesel to pull trailer with side by sides on it. also I bought the truck from a individual. yall have been a big help on this site since ive got this truck. im just hoping my luck isint that bad..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.