EasyCare Extended Warranty and Ricart Service(OH) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 09:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EasyCare Extended Warranty and Ricart Service(OH)

So with the recent threads concerning the extended warranty service contracts and dealer issues with them, I feel it might be good to give my personal experience and continue to update on the progress and outcome.

Background; 1) 4x4 Auto Hubs seem to not be locking, I've had to manually lock them 3 times now on ice to get 4x4 to work for example. After locking them manually, no issues, just a pain. 2)Rear pinion seal leaking

So I called Ricart Ford where I bought the 2010 F250 used with 52K on the clock and asked them what my extended warranty covered. They advised I had to call the warranty company, EasyCare (Truck was a Motortrend Certified used truck) which I believe is their main provider for their extended warranties and ask them directly. While I was on the phone with them, the agent told me what kind of warranty I had and even emailed me a copy to both work and home of a blank contract and read through the exact coverages pertaining to my issues.

The EasyCare agent told me both issues SHOULD be covered and to call Ricart service and make an appointment and get things taken care of and to have them call in to cover the warranty work.

I called Ricart, they didn't ask any questions, scheduled me for Friday of next week when I am off, and told me I could even come in Monday or Tuesday. I need to see if my rental car would be covered first, as I am off next Friday anyways, and either need a rental or my wife will be off so makes more sense.

I will continue to update in regards to Ricarts Service department, I had warranty work done on 5/8 of my 2005 6.0 fuel injectors going out. Paid the 100.00 deductable at 98,500 and was on my way. Same deductible on this one, and hoping it goes flawless. Knock on wood.

I do have the listed mods in my signature but hoping to not have any issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2014, 02:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Good luck and this all it took was a short talk with some local fellow. If it goes well you've got the bar tab Lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 02-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpDyDaVe View Post
Good luck and hopefully it goes well. This all started with a short talk with some local fellow. If it goes well you've got the bar tab Lol.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:06 PM

Haha for sure man, do lunch or something after work. Really crossing my fingers on this and hoping it works out. Turns out I ALSO have rental car coverage so if it takes longer to get fixed I have up to 6 days covered at 30.00 a day. With my corp discount its like 28.88 a day for a rental locally, then turn it in to get a check cut back to me.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:21 PM

So quick update, I will also update tomorrow once I pick up my truck but here is status as of now.

Truck was dropped off at Ricart Thursday night with specific details in the key drop envelope with keys that stated the 4x4 issue was to be checked out and covered by warranty, and that the pinion seal was also to be checked out and covered by warranty. As in I specifically wrote WARRANTY next to each issue.

Today comes and goes, I call at 5:30pm to get a status update to which I am told by the diesel service advisor that they were not able to do anything with the pinion seal and gasket that both need replaced because EasyCare is located in ATL and is not open obviously. I asked about the auto locking 4x4 to which the advisor said they were able to fix, to the tune of $250.00. To which I asked what the issue was, said it wasn't the hubs, the switch, just lines not connected.

Well, see the issue we have here is 1)No one ever contacted me first thing this AM to tell me they couldn't even contact the warranty company; 2)I never once was contacted to approve any work on my truck at all except to diagnosis and see if warranty would cover it; 3)The work is 2.5X the amount of my deductible for the warranty which is all I had planned to pay; 4)I had to call myself to see if my truck was even drive-able, which it was NOT until I called and told them I had to have it tomorrow morning which is true.

So with that said, my wife said we will be meeting with them tomorrow before paying/picking up the truck and discussing all the issues that happened.

After this I think I am going to call and cancel my extended warranty anyways because wen it's said and done I just feel like this will be a continuous issue with any dealer which is where the truck has to go, I think?

Thoughts?
Old 02-15-2014, 06:20 AM

Problem remedied via Brad a manager in the service department. Simply explained we were never given an option to have or not to have the work performed as we would not have at this time. He did explain the repair was more of a diagnostic charge over all, but we explained 250.00 for diagnostics did not sound inline with anything we've had done prior and felt it was not right.

In the end, he took care of 150 of the bill and I was out 99.98 or 1 hour labor/diagnostics plus tax. They told me when the warranty place opens they will confirm the pinion seal and gasket is covered, have a rental set up for me and included in warranty repair, and it will be 100.00 deductible. In the end, I was happy with the outcome.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:01 AM

That seems very strange. I bought my '10 F350 at my local dealership back home in VA. Got down to school in SC and all of a sudden the truck kept dying after sitting. It would run fine then not start up if it sat for more than 10 min. Turns out it was the alternator overcharging and boiling the battery acid. Took it in to the local dealership near Clemson, told them I had the warranty and I was out the door the next day with 2 new batterie and a new alternator for the $100 deductible no questions asked.

Then going home for winter break in December I was towing our ~6500lb boat. All of a sudden the truck went into limp mode and the fan started going crazy. Made an emergency stop at a Ford dealer in Greenville, SC and they were able to replace the trans temp sensor (I had figured out it was that before I took it to them) and I was back on the road again for another $100 out of what would have been set. $5-700 fix.

I haven't had any problems getting warranty work done and no matter what I never spend any more than the $100 deductible.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:27 AM

same ole chit

use the warranty and by the time you pay the mandatory diagnostic/deductible on a problem you already know WTF it is like a leaky pinion seal
and dick with dropping it off and waiting or worse yet a rental vehicle you could have done the repair in your driveway for 1/2 as much and you warranty probably won't cover the new oil

i had to fight tooth and nail for any coverage and keep insane records of oil changes ETC I took my warranty company ( Guardian ) to the BBB 2 times and even though they aren't paid members I received checks both times
who the fark covers an AC compressor replacement but not the evacuation and recharge ??? and who covers a coolant recovery bottle but not a degas bottle
aftermarket warranties that's who!

get your money back IMHO and fix your own stuff but it looks like you may pay a fee and a percentage to cancel ?

ps you warranty company is BBB accredited http://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-...rcross-ga-1358

Last edited by ZMANN; 02-15-2014 at 08:34 AM.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:31 AM

They covered every ounce of the trans oil in mine. And the diagnostics. I'm all for fixing my own stuff but why should I spend $400 in parts when I could have the dealer do it for 100?
Old 02-15-2014, 08:37 AM

agreed in your case in mine I should have kept the $2500 and I would have been ahead

I kept mine ( the cancellation penalty and fee was more than I wanted to deal with ) for items like the transmission but every day stuff like a water pump forget it

I also expect a huge battle with mine to cover a transmission I am glad yours is better than mine! are u saying you have easy care coverage like the OP ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.