2008 6.4 warranty/no warranty - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 02:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2008 6.4 warranty/no warranty

I didn't see anywhere to post this so I thought I'd try here.

I picked up a sweet 2008 4X4 extended cab DRW with 126,000 miles and it came with a 60 month 100,000 mile aftermarket SERVICE CONTRACT that I paid 1750.00 for just peace of mind, I thought! The truck is total stock, NO DELETES, yet! Come to find out today the warranty isn't worth the paper it's printed on. It's a company called "DRVERZEDGE That as of December 4th 2013 went out of business. The ma and pa stealership sold me the contract on January 4th 2014. Anyone ever heard of DRIVERZEDGE or had a similar problem with an aftermarket service contract. I HAVE A BAD FEELING!!!
20 YEARS AGO I'D WALK INTO THIS SAME PLACE AND SHUT THE OFFICE DOOR BEHIND ME AND TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS! Now it seems these people are all protected by the "I'm just a stupid car salesman protection agency" or who knew? Well, someone took my money and it went somewhere!
Any ideas? Small claims? Go back and kick her/him where he/she can't show the judge? I'm open for suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2014, 05:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Good luck. I had similar issue about 10 yrs ago with a 3rd party warranty sold to me at GM dealer. Warranty company went bankrupt and I didn't find out til my car needed costly transmission repair. The dealership gave me the run around about how they weren't responsible....and they also changed ownership during the timeframe. I fought with them for weeks! They finally agreed to pay half the repair bill. Then later a class action lawsuit was filed against warranty company and after 2 yrs I got about half my money back on the warranty and the repairs I paid out of pocket. Lesson learned and now I only buy warranty from auto maker, not 3rd party

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 02-06-2014, 05:24 PM
Premium Member

Sorry man but you are kind of screwed but the dealership you bought it from should work with you on this.

Any type of non-automaker warranties are total scams.

Geez..
Old 02-06-2014, 05:40 PM
Premium Member

I would think you have a very good case in court. The place was out of business, and they sold a product that did not exist.

1. How was the warranty approved by the guarantor - drverzedge?
2. How was the warranty issued by them - drverzedge?
3. How can the dealership - legally - sell something that doesn't exist.
4. Who did they submit payment to? (Although obvious)

I know the feeling. I wild have done the same thing years ago, I used to call it 'Having a very personal discussion'

A phone call from a lawyer, with mention of the local sherif next on his list for a phone call, even if it cost you $100 for it, might just get the owners to pay you back.

Good luck.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSchretter View Post
Sorry man but you are kind of screwed but the dealership you bought it from should work with you on this.

Any type of non-automaker warranties are total scams.

Geez..
I'll be raising hell with the ma and pa dealership until I get some results. When I was doing the purchase I asked "many" questions about this warranty company and they assured me it was on the up and up. It just shows how much trust you can have in these a$$hole small shops! My gut feeling was right! I could have had the truck 1750.00 cheeper but felt confident in having the aftermarket warranty as I'd had them in the past with good results! NEVER AGAIN! I still feel I got a good deal on this truck as clean as she is, but still no excuse. It says right in the contract I have 60 days to cancel for a "full refund"..... we'll see! It hasn't been 30 days yet.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:54 PM

This is why I bought a warranty through my credit union. Cheaper too.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:12 PM

wanna buy a bridge?
Old 02-07-2014, 03:26 AM

Go back to dealership and try to work something out with them transferring it to their new warranty provider.

Any reputable business won't spell something with a "Z"
Old 02-07-2014, 04:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk on diesel View Post
wanna buy a bridge?
As a matter of fact our snowmobile club is in the market for some bridges! What do ya have for me ol smart one?

Last edited by hoofdoctor; 02-07-2014 at 04:41 AM.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafordguy View Post
Go back to dealership and try to work something out with them transferring it to their new warranty provider.

Any reputable business won't spell something with a "Z"
I will give the sellers a 3 day window to fix this problem. If I get no results I'll be flying back to Messa Arizona where I bought the truck and doing a small claims in the county it was purchased. Even if I recover part or some of the value it will be a lesson learned but I WON'T just let it go!
Flights to Messa run 95.00 one way so it's a minni vacation. We have friends there that we can stay with at no cost so............. we'll see how it goes???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.