Few questions left - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 03:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Few questions left

So I'm doing the sinister Egr full delete kit an upgraded cold side intercooler pipe s&b Cai and the dfp delete. Probably gonna use a mini max. It's a lot cheaper than spartan and most seem to like it. Do they offer off road tunes with the dfp delete? Also will my truck be very loud with the cat and dfp deleted or should I keep the cat in there to keep it kind of quiet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2014, 05:11 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos2250 View Post
So I'm doing the sinister Egr full delete kit an upgraded cold side intercooler pipe s&b Cai and the dfp delete. Probably gonna use a mini max. It's a lot cheaper than spartan and most seem to like it. Do they offer off road tunes with the dfp delete? Also will my truck be very loud with the cat and dfp deleted or should I keep the cat in there to keep it kind of quiet?
Turbo filters most of the noise but you will hear the hair dyer effect with the windows down.

I left the CAT in due to the smell without it but either way it's not loud at all.

If you replace the Up-pipe and Manifolds you will hear more of the GRR...
Old 02-05-2014, 05:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Okay cool, so I'm gonna leave the cat in there. Delete the Egr and dfp. Can I still pass emissions without this and having the cat in there? Is the mini max a good tuner? I just want to make the truck run great with a little more power and better fuel mileage. I'm not racing this truck at all or towing that much.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:43 AM
Premium Member

Depends on state but in Texas there's no emissions yet for diesels.

You need to talk to a person who does emissions in your state about diesels or someone here can chime in.

You can't remove the DPF or EGR if you are an emission state for diesels.

Now you can disable the EGR and leave it in and use block plates which I did until I finally removed the EGR.

make sense?
Old 02-05-2014, 06:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

TN does emission testing but only in 5 counties through-out the whole state. I live in a county that doesn't do it. For now I'm ok, haven't heard anything about my county changing either. Hamilton county thought they would do it to generate dmv revenue, they ended up losing money and keep losing money compared to years they didn't test. Residents register there vehicles in neighboring counties that don't test.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:33 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Hain View Post
TN does emission testing but only in 5 counties through-out the whole state. I live in a county that doesn't do it. For now I'm ok, haven't heard anything about my county changing either. Hamilton county thought they would do it to generate dmv revenue, they ended up losing money and keep losing money compared to years they didn't test. Residents register there vehicles in neighboring counties that don't test.
Also if your country does have emissions you can always throw the DPF back on for the test and just use block plates for the EGR.

I don't think there's an actual emission test (measure NOx and stuff) but more of a visual inspection.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Here's something I found, my truck being a 2009 looks like I'm good in the state of Washington.
Which vehicles need an emission test?

Calendar Year
The Vehicle
License Expires Vehicle Model Year 2014 1990, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007

2015 1991, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008

2016 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007

2017 1993, 1995, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008

A test is also required to transfer the registered ownership between private parties for the vehicles listed above unless the vehicle has been tested within the last 365 days. A test is not required to transfer the registered ownership between parents, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren, spouses, legal domestic partners, or present co-owners or to change the legal owner.

The following vehicles never need emission tests:

Motorcycles

2009 and newer models

Toyota Prius and Honda Insight

All diesel powered passenger vehicles weighing less than 6,001 pounds

All diesel vehicles model year 2007 and newer, regardless of weight.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Now the question is should I remove the cat? Do you get that diesel gas smell? And does this make it smoke black smoke? I don't want that, I'll just keep it installed if that's going to happen.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:27 PM

Yes delete the cat and dpf it will smoke like any other diesel then but only if you get on it. Mine with normal driving hardly ever smokes any.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:00 PM

No cat here and yes, it smells like my old 7.3.

Make sure you know what tuner you are getting. Only reason I ask is because you say the h&s is the cheapest, and buying a race h&s is never going to be the cheapest option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.