Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

What should I check?

791 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  04hdfatboy 
#1 ·
I'm buying a 2010 F-250 Lariat from Carmax this friday when the truck is shipped in. It has only 27K miles and looks in perfect shape.

What should I be looking at for any potential issues?
I wouldn't think there are many with such low miles, but I'm curious what you guys think.

Thanks,
Ben

#2 ·
I would crawl up in under it and check for any leaks, also check engine hours thru the odo menu screen just to make sure it wasn't idled alot. These motors have blow by at idle just make sure it isn't pressure (just smoke). Other than those things check the engine oil with the motor off and make sure it isn't overfilled (regen dumping fuel in oil). I would also smell trans fluid and make sure it doesn't smell burnt. Check the 4wd and make sure no bangs or clanks. Then do your test drive with the windows up and radio off and make sure the truck is nice, quite and smooth. Good luck and congrats if you buy it.

#5 ·
Went and looked at it today. The truck is extremely clean! The only bad part is the truck bed has a half assed roll on bed liner. I'll have to have it fixed. Other than that I'm thrilled with it. Going to pay for it tomorrow and bring it home!

#6 ·
Nice! Make sure to post up some pics :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.