Mini Maxx Race Tuner - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 02:50 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mini Maxx Race Tuner

So i bit the bullet a little sooner than i planned due to the dpf throwing a code about bank one, made me nervous so im nipping it in the but ASAP and im purchasing a mini maxx race tuner with a flo pro dpf delete pipe and keeping the stock exaust from dpf back. Would you guys suggest anything different maybe deleting the cat as well? Also by deleting the dpf and keeping everything else with the exhaust stock, will the truck be any louder? Also any suggestions on install or any need to knows about the tuner would be greatly appreciated. Not hat it matters cause im doing it anyways but do you guys think that $1,850 is a good price for tuner and delete pipe thank alot guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I just installed a Dpf & cat delete pipe last week. The exhaust note is change to a whooshing sound like an airplane. It is slightly louder if you are on the outside of the truck, but inside it is no louder at speed in my opinion.

As for price - you don't need a special pipe - I bought a used one off CL for 85$

I have much less than 1850 in my mini maxx setup but I was willing to do a little work to save some money.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I think that price is high. There is a guy locally at a muffler shop that is gonna take out my DPF, CAT and install a mini maxx tuner, all while I wait in the coffee shop across the road for $1670. I also get to keep the old cat n DPF...
Old 11-22-2013, 07:33 PM

Damn is it the street tuner or race?
Old 11-22-2013, 09:48 PM
Premium Member

I have the XRT Pro, with DPF delete. One way I could describe the sound, is like a jet, you will enjoy stepping on the go peddle in tunnels, overpasses and next to retaining walls haha
Old 11-24-2013, 05:55 PM

Yeah, I love riding down a solid fence line, sounds good. My sound went up a bit with the airplane sound, but really noticed a difference when I put the S&B CAI in, a lot louder of the turbo's.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:22 PM

You should be able to find the tuner for 1250 ish and can get a full exhaust for around 300-400 so yes you are over paying
Old 11-25-2013, 01:15 PM

Go with a MiniMaxx, Gearhead tunes, pro-flo cat/dpf delete pipe and should still be under $1800.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjd View Post
You should be able to find the tuner for 1250 ish and can get a full exhaust for around 300-400 so yes you are over paying
can you please direct everybody to the $1250 Mini Maxxes?
Old 11-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I should have clarified, the deal I was offered was for the XRT Pro + delete pipe installed for 1670. The guy said that the mini maxx would be around 2200 because they had to install a pyro sender. Is this mandatory with the mini maxx? I am planning on leaving it on stock power as I dont pull much n when I do, its a trailer either loaded with horses or hay and not weighing over 15K lbs. The stock 350 HP is plenty lots IMO for pulling loads like that...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.