Dealer Service for next week - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 03:44 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dealer Service for next week

Taking the truck in to get the Tensioner/ Idler pulleys replaced as the squeaking noise is becoming more consistent now.

I was also going to have them install the latest flash (trucks a '10 built in '09), fixed cab creaking under driver floorboard and check over a few other odd noises I pick up on every now and then.

I have a stupid blend door (bottom one) that is very intermittent when it comes to the random seeking (HDD/type writer) noise. I'll bring it up too but dont think they will care if it is not doing it when they have it.

Are there any other recommendations you have that I should bring up or look at and add to the list of items I have above?

Thanks much.

2010 HD 48K
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2013, 03:52 AM
Serving Our Country!

whats the mileage? and do you work truck pretty good or is it kinda mixed work and daily driver?
Old 11-22-2013, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOOO9 View Post
whats the mileage? and do you work truck pretty good or is it kinda mixed work and daily driver?
48K on the ticker. Dailey Driver 90% of the time and it sees the road 2-3 times a week. I do not tow. I have put on a average of 6k this year.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mine is a '10 doing the exact same things except my creaking is when I drive through a ditch and flex some it sounds like its coming from my rear passenger door area. The blend door that clicks and all is also intermittent on mine and is the lower one. I can put pressure on it while its doing it and it quit. My tensioner/idler only does the squeak/chirp when it gets really cold, but a friend of mine's '10 does it when he cranks up at no matter what
Old 11-22-2013, 04:12 AM
Serving Our Country!

if it were me, I would change these fluids:

1. coolant fluid:
- don't do a chemical flush unless your prepared to replace a clogged oil and or egr cooler, just drain and refill the system with appropriate coolant/distilled water ratio

2. rear differential fluid
- limited slip re-ends require a friction modifier and/or full synthetic fluid

3. transmission fluid:
*transmission flush with a machine is never reccomended don't listen to ford guys...
-just drain the pan, drop pan and replace filters, reinstall pan and refill with appropriate amount and kind of fluid.

all these you can do very easily too.

I do trans, dif, and coolant at 40-60k and oil at 5k and fuel at 10k. granted im a 6.0 but im sure they're not that different from a 6.4
Old 11-22-2013, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoy View Post
Mine is a '10 doing the exact same things except my creaking is when I drive through a ditch and flex some it sounds like its coming from my rear passenger door area.
Any sort of articulation causes it for me including hard right hand turns and hard breaking. I checked sway bar and cab bolt and all looks tight. So I gave up.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:17 AM
Serving Our Country!

Ford sells a grease with some sort of synthetic blend/ fiberglass material in it for joints on the undercarriage. you can ask the parts/ service department to grease everything at your service appointment. it should be a complimentary option.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:23 AM

Quote:
if it were me, I would change these fluids:

1. coolant fluid:
- don't do a chemical flush unless your prepared to replace a clogged oil and or egr cooler, just drain and refill the system with appropriate coolant/distilled water ratio

2. rear differential fluid
- limited slip re-ends require a friction modifier and/or full synthetic fluid

3. transmission fluid:
*transmission flush with a machine is never reccomended don't listen to ford guys...
-just drain the pan, drop pan and replace filters, reinstall pan and refill with appropriate amount and kind of fluid.

all these you can do very easily too.

I do trans, dif, and coolant at 40-60k and oil at 5k and fuel at 10k. granted im a 6.0 but im sure they're not that different from a 6.4
All good points. Thank you.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Ford sells a grease with some sort of synthetic blend/ fiberglass material in it for joints on the undercarriage. you can ask the parts/ service department to grease everything at your service appointment. it should be a complimentary option.
My dealer and I have a good relationship. I would hope I wouldnt have to bring it up but I will so I dont have to deal with it anymore.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:15 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

3. transmission fluid:

Justin 0009.....WHY??? is this info that your girl friend's uncle's babysitter told him and passed onto you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.