Trans Question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Trans Question

I know this is for the trans forum but it seems to get more of a response in this one. My truck/trans seems to be jumping/jerking then shutting down the power when I get on it. Almost like the clutches are slipping. The tires aren't breaking loose either. Then today when getting on the highway under normal load the RPM's were around 3,200 to 3,500 but it wasn't accelerating until 5th. It felt like no TC lock. It hasn't done it again. Anyways...The fluid level is good and not burnt. Truck has 149K on it with a Spartan 310 early lock tune. Spartan said it's not uncommon and that some 6.4's have this issue and upgrading the solenoids would fix the issue but I'm not so sure about that. I don't beat the hell out of the truck all the time and we even switched to an H&S to see if the problem was with the Spartan tune. Same thing happened. What's killing me is I'm not getting ANY codes on my DASHDQ or the instrument cluster. One guy had kinda the same issue and replaced the 5th. gear solenoid and it seemed to work. I dont want to start tossing money at this. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2013, 06:28 PM

101 views and no one has a clue?
Old 11-14-2013, 04:28 AM

Do you have a slip then bang? Like it goes back in gear? You wont get a code when the tranny acts up at least I don't think you will. I have 240k on mine and mine does the slip bang once in awhile. I haven't fixed it cause well I can still haul my trailers with no problem. Im waiting tell it strands me on the side of the road to fix lol. Anyways I would bet its the tranny and I would take it to a shop if you are worried about it that much. You have a few miles on your truck and im sure you have gotten on it a few times to. Running the 310 tune all the time isn't the easiest thing on the tranny either.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:14 PM

More like a hard jerk and power lose. I don't go out looking for people to run but I have raced it many times. I know the trans is tuff as balls and the 310 shouldn't affect it. I'm only putting down 562hp and 1196tq. Is it great for it....no....but we have had 700+ tunes run for over 2 years. IDK man, I've had in in deep water and mud many times. Even though it's sealed maybe something got into the TCM under the chassis. Why the hell Ford placed a computer under there is beyond me. Dumb asses.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:09 PM

Talked to a guy that had the same issue. It's axle wrap. It will send a vibration up through the drive shaft and cause a code "that may or may not show up" and power will cut. ****......now i have to do track bars.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:54 AM

Ya I have heard of that. Plus side if this fixes it then you save a little cash lol
Old 11-16-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorchrock View Post
Talked to a guy that had the same issue. It's axle wrap. It will send a vibration up through the drive shaft and cause a code "that may or may not show up" and power will cut. ****......now i have to do track bars.
I have this too. Just put in the solenoid and drove 30 miles them went out and ran it. Got the bang- power loss once. Was thinking of bars anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.