Help! new truck dpf deleted no tuner! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help! new truck dpf deleted no tuner!

I just got me a new truck. 2008 f350 king ranch with a 6.4. The truck does not have a dpf filter or a cat and the sensors on each end of the dpf are gone so the plugs are just tied up. the truck does not have any issues, no check engine lights, and will puff a little bit of black smoke if I get on it. so I assume it has a tune in it to turn off the check engine light and avoid a regen. is there anyway to see the manufacturer of the tune? should I worry about not having a programer? should I worry about not having any of the old dpf parts? is there any way to backup the tune that is in it just in case?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Of its tuned, you should be OK, but you need to make sure ASAP. Does it say it's in regeneration all the time? They regeneration process dumps fuel into the cylinders on exhaust stroke to light off the dpf. It can cause some serious problems if not addressed

Sent from a phone that makes calls too!
Old 10-22-2013, 05:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The truck will not start after being started once with all of the sensors in the exhaust being unhooked.

If it runs and drives fine then it IS tuned. There is no way to tell by what tuner.

You never got a hand held programmer with the truck?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 10-22-2013, 05:13 PM
Don't you worry about it

What I would do if I were you would be buy a new tuner and then take the truck (once you get the new tuner) to the dealership and have it reflashed back to stock. Then you can load your new tunes and live happily ever after.... hopefully
Old 10-22-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokinpower View Post
What I would do if I were you would be buy a new tuner and then take the truck (once you get the new tuner) to the dealership and have it reflashed back to stock. Then you can load your new tunes and live happily ever after.... hopefully
X2

Sent from a phone that makes calls too!
Old 10-24-2013, 09:01 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
If you buy an h&s with dpf delete tunes, there is no need to go to the dealer and get it reflashed. H&s stores the stock tunes on their system so it doesn't save your stock tune so you can just buy an h&s and press down load tune and tune the truck with h&s tunes. It will throw the tune away that's on the truck and this way you will be able to return to stock if needed. You really need a tuner and some gauges. It will also allow you to check codes and etc.

It can be a bad thing not having the dpf and stuff when you bought the truck. If they bring e check to where you live your gonna have to buy or borrow someone's stock exhaust to get it passed. So it just depends what goes on with our government and your state. But I definitely suggest to buy a tuner and keep and eye out for someone selling stock exhaust for cheap. But try to find who ya bought the truck from. He may have it and may have kept the tuner thinking it's worth something not realizing it's locked to the truck he sold.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 10-24-2013, 09:41 AM
Don't you worry about it

Are you sure about that? This very thing happened to a friend of mine that owns a car dealership and he had to take the truck and get it reflashed before he could install the new H&S.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:41 AM

I'm in the same boat with the dpf being deleted with no tuner. Im on my way to finalize everything today I had them check the coolant for exhaust gases and it came back good the coolant looks brand new and no obvious leaks what do you guys think?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.