I want to from some of you 6.4 guys - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2013, 09:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I want to from some of you 6.4 guys

Just so you know I have googled the crap out of this and keep getting the same threads. I live in NC and I swear its duramax country, I'm trying to sell my 1500 right now to buy a diesel of course when your a bunch of Chevy guy they'll make you starting think about if it a good idea to buy a 6.4. So you know I like the 6.4 a lot. Maybe some of you where in my position and on the fence about what to buy and now your so glad you bought a 6.4 maybe your not I want to here about it. I'll just be using it to pull my 24 foo wakeboat and driving everyday to work, about 20 miles of back country 55 mph roads. I know a LMM will get alittle better gas milage bout it doesn't seem like much maybe 1 or 2 is all. I know LMM is lighter but makes less power and the trans can't hold as much power which is a big selling point for the ford to me. I don't want to go crazy with modification but I know me and It will be real hard to stop. I just want to here your side too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Wow that title didn't make since at all but that's what you get for trying to do it in a hurry at work. Sorry can't edit it now though.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Bought mine three months ago. Love it. Dpf delete and idp tunes. Get 14-15 mpg around town.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:06 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post
Wow that title didn't make since at all but that's what you get for trying to do it in a hurry at work. Sorry can't edit it now though.

Thanks Jon, for a minute I thought I done lost my mind..
Old 10-17-2013, 05:11 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post
Just so you know I have googled the crap out of this and keep getting the same threads. I live in NC and I swear its duramax country, I'm trying to sell my 1500 right now to buy a diesel of course when your a bunch of Chevy guy they'll make you starting think about if it a good idea to buy a 6.4. So you know I like the 6.4 a lot. Maybe some of you where in my position and on the fence about what to buy and now your so glad you bought a 6.4 maybe your not I want to here about it. I'll just be using it to pull my 24 foo wakeboat and driving everyday to work, about 20 miles of back country 55 mph roads. I know a LMM will get alittle better gas milage bout it doesn't seem like much maybe 1 or 2 is all. I know LMM is lighter but makes less power and the trans can't hold as much power which is a big selling point for the ford to me. I don't want to go crazy with modification but I know me and It will be real hard to stop. I just want to here your side too.
Chevy / Ford they all have the same problems with EGR/DPF.
Performance, who cares with aftermarket stuff you can do what you want.
Weight junk, who cares about a few hundred pounds here or there.
Gas mileage, really people are worried about gas mileage in a truck?

So it comes down to:

LOOKS:
Why did I buy a Ford instead of:

Chevy: Front rims on their dually look STUPID
Dodge: Dually looked like a grand pa reject.

My black on black Ford looks like a "COWBOY Cadillac"
Enough said.

Chevy / Ford / Dodge - don't matter long as your truck can drive over a Prius you are cool in my book
Old 10-17-2013, 05:29 PM
Premium Member

Warranty or not id remove all emissions crap.the longer it's on there the worse it is doin damage that will show up later.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Buy you a 6.4 and call Aaron @ Rudy's , they have everything in stock for these trucks and will not scam you. I'm very pleased with mine.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:43 PM
Premium Member

Bought my 6.4 in 2008.....2013 still driving my 6.4 no regrets. I enjoy the truck more every time, no more payments which is the best part!!
I never considered a Chevy, I hate the IFS we run fords in my company the chevys we had weren't so great.
I did consider dodge for the Cummins but the Ford won me over. Im sticking with Ford, good and bad experiences but more good than bad.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have just the truck for you and you're fairly close. PM me if your interested in a great truck at a realistic price.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:02 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I had a 6.4 for 30k miles. It was fully deleted (dpf & egr) and for the most part it was a great truck! If I didn't have a warranty I would've been out $8 grand over the year and a half I had it. I had an evaporator core replaced which requires dash removal, complete ac system replaced, bedplate gaskets 3 total, oil cooler replaced, and alternator. Those aren't big items to do but if I didn't have the warranty I didn't and don't have the cash to replace that stuff. Cost $1600-$2000 just to get the cab off. So if ur hpfp goes out, that means cab off to replace it and might as all replace other stuff while its off. I just didn't have deep enough pockets to repair the truck if I had to do a can off repair. So while the truck was still good I sold it and bought a 7.3 for ease of work-on-ability, no cab off repairs, abundance of parts for the 7.3 and they're cheap.
With that said, consider if your getting a warranty, or your pockets are deep enough to pay repairs for yourself, or if you plan to do work yourself can you get access to a lift for cab off repairs?
It all depends on what works for you, and quite frankly I answered no to all those questions so I had to do something about that.
In no way am I bashing the 6.4, it's one bad mofo and fun as hell to drive! But if and when, more of a when, will something happen I couldn't and wouldn't be able to take care of it bc of finances. So a 7.3 was a better fit for me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.