p0263 and occasional p0088 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 03:15 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
p0263 and occasional p0088

My truck has 130,000 on it and Im getting contribution code on cyl 1 so im replacing the injector. While im in there also doing the egr delete since im slowly loosing coolant. Hoping its a leaky egr cooler. While im in there what else do i need to do.

Also, the p0088 code when cleared doesn't come right back. Do i have a faulty hpfb or can the injector cause this to throw a code sometimes. Truck runs fine with good power. Ive done the dpf delete and running a spartan tune since about 65000 miles.

Also..if i have to do a hpfp would it be a good time to do a down pipe and would it be beneficial. Right now i just have a dpf/cat delete pipe on the truck.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2014, 07:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My truck threw the p0263 code last night I have a mini maxx and i cleared it. It threw the cold when we had a bad week that went from decently warm to negative temperatures. I cleared the code and haven't noticed the problem again. I'm going to put injector cleaner in it today since it's going to be decently warm and see how it does. Should I go ahead and have it looked at or see how it does and hope the injectors get clean.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-26-2014, 09:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

To the op if your cab hast to come up I'd definitely throw a dp on it wont hurt. I'd also delete the drivers side up pipe if your doing egr delete. Will only take a couple min with cab up and save you future headache.
To savage I'd keep an eye on it cold weather shouldn't throw that code I've started Numerous amounts of times in Alberta winter with no codes
Old 01-26-2014, 10:47 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimH View Post
My truck has 130,000 on it and Im getting contribution code on cyl 1 so im replacing the injector. While im in there also doing the egr delete since im slowly loosing coolant. Hoping its a leaky egr cooler. While im in there what else do i need to do.

Also, the p0088 code when cleared doesn't come right back. Do i have a faulty hpfb or can the injector cause this to throw a code sometimes. Truck runs fine with good power. Ive done the dpf delete and running a spartan tune since about 65000 miles.

Also..if i have to do a hpfp would it be a good time to do a down pipe and would it be beneficial. Right now i just have a dpf/cat delete pipe on the truck.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
Have you checked to make sure you aren't getting coolant or fuel in your oil? Have you hooked your truck up to IDS. Do you know how far off this cylinder is? Be careful with this one, a contribution code could always be from a cracked piston (which is fairly common on a tuned 6.4). Have checked for excessive blow-by? A cracked head could cause a contribution code although it is not the most common reason....that could explain your coolant loss too. A cracked block could also do this and cylinder 1 is where most of them crack.
A sticking injector is definitely a big concern because of the potential to melt the piston. I am not trying to scare you...I am just giving you some worst case scenarios.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

To srjd I drove it for about two hours last night and didn't notice anything. Of course today it's back below freezing. I'd of continues to do it what do you think the problem is.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Could be a number of things like listed above but if you keep getting a contribution code I'd take it in right away to get looked at
Old 01-28-2014, 06:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I haven't gotten any more codes since I cleared that one off. Ive figured out it only sputters after I reslly get on it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.