Possibly Trading for a 6.0...Hmm??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
Possibly Trading for a 6.0...Hmm???

Welllllll after almost a year trying to find my trucks vibration/grinding issue...I'm about to throw in the towel. It's getting worse by the day, but no one can find it. EVERYTHING drive train related has been changed and the problem still persists. My mechanic thinks it's Motor Mounts but he said he doesn't wanna do them because he doesn't know for 100% that that's the problem (he said they look good but sometimes that's decieving) and it's a $1300 job.

Soooooo....I've been casually looking for another rig. Yesterday I found a 2006 F350 with 81k miles on it and 2 owners. It's at the Ford dealership and they only want $22k for it...I'm certain I can probably pick it up for $19k at the most seeing as my 6.4 only has 68k miles on it, remaining engine warranty, and is 2 years newer. I'm pretty sure I can predict the answers this will get...but...What do yall think? We all know I've been through issues with the 6.0 but the way I look at it, is that it's cheaper to fix, easier to repair, and I actually know that motor like the back of my hand unlike the 6.4...and I also don't have to worry about a damn exhaust filter! On the other hand...it's a 6.0 and i'd be taking a loss in power...thuoghts???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2013, 04:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well, you are in a tough spot my friend. If you go with the 6.0, you know you have to bullet proof it and add some power. Before you jump ship, I would try to get another opinion on your truck.....even if you have to travel to an "Expert."

Good Luck.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:01 AM

I know the feeling. My 6.4 was just out of warranty and there was now way I was owning one without a warranty. But I had a few issues with it under warranty and really didnt want to run the risk after warranty ran out. That and dealing with the dpf and emissions B.S. I said F-it. Made a good penny on selling my 6.4 and picked up a bullet proofed 6.0 with 62k on her for next to nothing.

My 6.0 is not as fast as my 6.4 but my 6.0 gets better MPG. All in all I am happy I made the jump back to 6.0 its a fun diesel to play with and mod and the best part is you can work on it your self. I know there are pros and cons to 6.4 vs 6.0 but the 6.0 worked better for me. As long as you know what your getting into with a 6.0 you should be fine. both diesel will cost you money its just witch one do you want to spend the money on.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:36 AM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
Thats exactly how I feel honestly...Ford has already dropped $10k into this truck and still fixed the problem. At least a 6.0 i know exactly what Im getting into
Old 09-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Wow... I've just been thinking about going from a 6.0 to a 6.4 and see people bailing ship back to the old "crappy" 6.ohs.... LOL

What I'm saying is, I think I'll just stick with my pain in the azz 6.oh

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 09-11-2013, 07:52 AM

Personally, not a chance I would go backward. Take it to a different "tech" and find the problem. Something has to be causing it.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Serving Our Country!

If your looking for a good second opinion the guys at powerstroke specialty in buford, GA are pretty good guys they only deal with powerstrokes. Heard nothing but good things about them
Old 09-11-2013, 11:42 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
A new truck = a new set of issues. Try to fix the one you have.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Can you describe the trucks problem and whats already been fixed replaced?
Old 09-12-2013, 09:28 AM
Serving Our Country!

Well according to Ford and a few other shops, theres nothing wrong with it...its just something vibrating against the firewall. Transfer case, Turbos, rear end, transmission have all been replaced/rebuilt. Two seperate Dealerships, Ford Engineers and two diesel shops have checked it and cant find anything wrong. It still runs strong and has no isses.. So maybe it is a exhaust vibe or something. Either way, Im ready to upgrade to a Crew Cab!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.