Do I have a CASE or am I waisting my time? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Do I have a CASE or am I waisting my time?

Hello,
My father bought new in 2008 a F-350 King Ranch with the 6.4. At 117,000 the motor blowed up and warranty was out at 100,000, then at 200,000 (cant remember the exact mileage) the second motor also went bad but was under the extended warranty program and Ford only wanted to put in a short block. Now at 334,000 as of last night the motor has went out again.
Do I even have a chance of claiming a Lemon Law?
Should I file a suit?
Or do I just cut my loss and look for something else?
The truck has had many turbos installed at Ford and has been serviced regularly. And from what my Dad has told me Ford sent out a bulletin to the dealers that the 6.4 was allowing diesel to go into the oil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2013, 02:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

After that many years, I doubt there's a case.
What were the service intervals? And how was it driven?
Diesel gets into the oil during the regen process because of the DPF. If oil was not changed every 5k miles, or the regens were excessive, I don't see why it would've "blown."
Old 09-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'm guessing the truck was all factory stock.

You don't have a case IMO.

Where are you located?
Old 09-08-2013, 03:47 PM

well as far as the stock feature, that really isn't a problem. My father-in-law has a 08 f450 with almost 300k on it and hasn't had one problem with his motor and he drives Hot-shot delivery and puts highway miles and local driving as well. changes his oil if he does long trips right after he gets back. so, the stock ordeal has nothing to do with it.

but if your dad wasn't keeping up on the oil changes every 5k and driving it like a devil on wheels, then your truck will fail. must be a operator malfunction too me, but who knows, maybe just a bad batch of motors.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
No case at all. firstly you would have to have every service record from day one and being that they all went past 100k this is not considered lemon law

AS far as stock or not stock in this case past warranty it means nothing. As for those of you that think tuners and dpf deletes will NOT CANCEL WARRANTY YOUR DEAD WRONG! As of 2008 FORD has it in specific writing that tampering with any emissions or drive-train components voids your warranty and when you buy truck you sign the papers confirming it weather you no it or not. I watched this happen last week with a new 2012 with i guy that tuned his truck. That consumer thing that was going around last year about not voiding warranty after doing mods is a crook of crap FORD hold the right to do as they wish and has more money than you for court cases.

Last edited by JUGERNAUT; 09-08-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.