Saying good buy to My 6.4 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 05:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Saying good buy to My 6.4

Well after 20 months and 43000 miles in My 2010 f350 I have made the choice to trade it in. getting a really nice chuck of change for it. just could not take the unknowing of when something big was going to go wrong. this was My first diesel and it will be my last. got a smoking deal on a 2013 Ram 2500 crew 4X4 Laramie 5.7 hemi. cant wait to pick it up Thursday. the 2010 was my 6 Ford pickup in 28 years. its time for a change. the Ram interior is miles ahead Of My 2010. drivetrain seems to be more then enough for My needs.

Thanks for all the info and help Boys.
mustang42 likes this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2013, 06:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Obviously never been in a King Ranch, Hemi isn't a bad motor but the truck itself is still a turd. Good Luck tho.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SySx View Post
Obviously never been in a King Ranch, Hemi isn't a bad motor but the truck itself is still a turd. Good Luck tho.
I own a loaded up lariat and yes I have been in a KR. the other problem is there are no 2013 8' crew lariat in white around. order only and its 10k more then I am spending on the Ram. or a 6-12 week wait for a 2014. and please do tell why is it a turd?
Old 08-19-2013, 06:32 PM
Premium Member

Good luck with the new truck.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:33 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dude you're on a Ford truck owners site what kind if responses do you expect ?
Old 08-19-2013, 06:47 PM

You prefer Dodge interior over Ford's? Wow, never heard that before, but to each their own. I looked at a Cummin's when I ended up with my newer F250 and the interior was so cheap and junky I couldn't take it.

As for the Hemi, I guess I just never understood a 2500/F250 etc. with a gasser. Just sounds underpowered for me.

Good luck with the new truck though, if you like it, that is all that matters.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:07 PM

I just traded in a 2012 Ram 1500 (18k miles) with the Hemi for my 2008 F250 and I couldn't be happier. I liked the Ram it was a pretty truck but I agree the Hemi ain't all its cracked up to be. It's severely neutered from the factory. The MDS (4 cylinder mode for gas savings) is awful. There are guys buying $500 tuners just to turn that off because its so bad. The transmissions are horrible. The 6 speed isn't really a 6 speed. Wait till you start feeling the lag between 2nd & 2nd prime (3rd) and you'll see what I mean. It's a big issue with the Ram guys. The truck refuses to downshift unless you really apply a good amount of throttle and just doesnt feel like its going anywhere. I think that's where the "turd" thing applies. The truck just doesn't have any balls. Its not the Hemi thats the issue i think its all the programming in the different systems that hurt it. Don't get me wrong the truck has its good points to I'm just telling you my experiences. My priorities changed and I needed something with a bigger towing capacity plus 4x4 and I wanted back in a Powerstroke. The Ram was simply going to be underpowered for what I needed it to do and I didn't want to destroy the truck.

Good luck with the Ram.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:16 PM

Having previously owned a Hemi 1500 I can say you made the wrong choice. To each his own though and enjoy your new ride with the wrong engine.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:25 PM

Never owned a Ram but I have always liked what I saw. But I have several friends who own them and I can tell you first hand that you will be in the shop at some point with something major. Usually it will either be the tranny or something to do with the rear. As others have stated the Hemi is a really good motor but the Ram computer programming leaves a lot to be desired. I'm not saying your truck will not have balls but I think you will find that once you hook a nice size load that you once pulled with your former 6.4 you will not be all that impressed. I do like the new Dodge interiors but they are still on par with what you can get in a Ford. If it were me and I wanted to go back to a gas motor I would have gotten a Ford with the 6.2 in it. I know two guys now who have these trucks and they appear to be a beast of a truck even though its a gasser. Good luck though bud. I sincerely hope you have good luck with your truck and enjoy it and it makes you happy.

EDIT: Sorry didn't see that you were trying to find a white one. You would think white would have been easy to find since its one of the most popular colors.

Last edited by Lilfarmrboy; 08-19-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:38 PM

I'm still waiting for my 175k mile 08 to need something major... oh well, I'll keep driving it I guess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.