new to the diesel world - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 05:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
new to the diesel world

Signing papers on a 08 lariat f-350 6.4 4x4 with 108,000 today, this will be my first diesel or 4wd so I'm pretty pumped.
Truck has 6" BDS and 37 with the h&s xrt pro and dpf delete.

I drove it about 100 miles and it runs pretty damn good but shifts pretty hard when getting on it, is this normal.
And I noticed battery light was on and both negative cables were loose but when I tightened them light was still on.

I planned to change oil and service tranny fluid asap as I've read maintenance on these trucks is crucial,. Is there anything else I should look for or have serviced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2013, 05:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Old 07-26-2013, 05:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Paid 21 for truck that decent price???
Old 07-26-2013, 05:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'd make them detail it for sure, looks like it could use a bath badly. Not too bad, I would probably have tried to get them closer to 19K, but 21K isn't bad with the mods. As for the battery light, could be the alternator, I know mine was replaced under warranty at less than 55K, or could be the batteries. Get them tested at an auto place, takes like 5 mins each, and see if thats it. They can also tell you if it's the alternator I believe.

Nice seeing it deleted and tuned, the hard shifts probably from the tuner, just hope the old owner didn't drive it like he stole it.

Welcome, you'll get a lot of good info here. Be sure to use the search feature before starting a new topic, as most have been covered, but occasionally you won't find the answer you want.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Actually paying 17,500 for truck and giving the guy my 04 dodge hemi that I only have around 3500 bucks in
Goin to use extra money from loan to throw new tires on and have every small thing fixed back to new or like new and detail of course
Old 07-26-2013, 06:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Actually paying 17,500 for truck and giving the guy my 04 dodge hemi that I only have around 3500 bucks in
Goin to use extra money from loan to throw new tires on and have every small thing fixed back to new or like new and detail of course
Old 07-26-2013, 06:23 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitch02xx View Post
Then yea, I think you did well.

For maintence that I would do RIGHT AWAY, I would go to dieselfiltersonline.com order a set of Racor filters(oil and fuel both), and do those ASAP. If you order early enough you'll probably get them Tues/Weds. Trust me, the truck I bought in May had an oil change, but when I drained it, it was awful, burnt, stunk, and filter looked dirty. Guessign they used Dino oil, I run T6. Also the fuel filter was probably the original from the looks of it, black as the oil filter.

Also spray some lube on the water seperator plug a few times over 2 days before doing the fuel filter. Maybe your's wont break like mine did
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.